Lost 10 pounds already but no visible weight loss

Options
I started at a 194 on June 1st and now I'm down to a 184 but I don't see any difference. I run 3 miles, walk 3 miles and bike another 8 miles everyday and I make sure I cap at 1200. My cheeks still look fat, my tummy is still bulging as ever and people are still calling me fat. I'm a short male about 5'5 so I need to lose this weight. Please no one should comment about how unhealthy I'm losing weight, I'm desperate. Does anyone know how long it takes for results?

Replies

• jackx18
    jackx18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you taken pictures? I was feeling the same way when I looked in the mirror so I started taking pictures as I lost weight. When I compare them side by side, I see the difference and that is a huge motivator. Congrats on the 10lbs.
  • MamaPirate
    Options
    Do your clothes feel/fit differently? I know no one generally comments on my loss until I have lost at least 20 pounds then when they ask how much I've lost they can't imagine it's 20. Don't get discouraged, you are getting healthier and it will start showing, it just may take some time ;) Good luck!
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I agree with jackx18, take some pictures now so you can compare later. Without external feedback it's tough to know if anything you are doing is making a difference. A lot of people may notice you losing weight but are not comfortable saying so especially if they do not know you well or do not know you are dieting and exercising. With that much exercise and a 10lb drop since 6/1 you will start seeing a difference very soon. Stick with it, you'll see it in the mirror and feel it in your looser clothes in few months.
  • xorachael
    xorachael Posts: 14
    Options
    Definitely take progress pics! If I was just looking in the mirror without having pictures to look at and compare then I doubt I'd think I'd lost much weight at all..
  • newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Take pictures!! I couldn't tell a difference at all, but if you look at my profile picture there's a difference. You see yourself everyday, and the changes day to day are not noticeable. Pictures and measurements are your best friend.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Also if you're able, take tape measurements. After I'd lost 15-20 pounds I only saw a drops fractions of an inch, but it was enough to convince me it is working! (I probably need to do another measurement soon...)

Hang in there, you are doing fine! And try not to get discouraged.
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice any change until I had lost 30lbs
  • AllieMarie2244
    AllieMarie2244 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

lol
    seriously

its 10lbs not 50lbs.... relax and keep going
    smh
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It was almost 20 lbs before I and others noticed. Take your pictures, because you will see a difference. I didn't notice in the beginning either but since starting February and looking back to my every Wednesday Picts now, I see the subtle difference that happened over time. Keep going and don't give up if you do not not see it today..it's a commitment and will show in the tomorrow's that lay ahead!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I started at a 194 on June 1st and now I'm down to a 184 but I don't see any difference. I run 3 miles, walk 3 miles and bike another 8 miles everyday and I make sure I cap at 1200. My cheeks still look fat, my tummy is still bulging as ever and people are still calling me fat. I'm a short male about 5'5 so I need to lose this weight. Please no one should comment about how unhealthy I'm losing weight, I'm desperate. Does anyone know how long it takes for results?
    10 lb isn't that noticeable on me even (I'm an average size female) so on an overweight person it will be even less. And for a male 1200 isn't enough, you will lose lots of muscle and won't be happy with your results
  • LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 and don't see anything unless I put before and now pics next to each other!
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Generally it seems that the more one has to lose, the more it takes before it becomes noticeable. For instance, it can take 20 pounds or more lost to lose that first pants size, but as one goes down in weight, it will become proportionately less before a further difference is noticed. The next size might only take 10-15, and so on. Be patient - you're doing exactly the right thing by addressing the weight by heatlhy eating and exercise. You might add weight-training in there too, so your body composition will be favorable as you continue to lose. This way you'll retain and even build muscle while fat is lost. Muscle of the same weight takes up less room than fat. Best of luck!:)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am surprised your clothes don't feel loose.

But I am not at all surprised that you don't "see" the loss, whether in the mirror or in pictures.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice anything on myself until I lost 15 pounds (at 5'-6"). I started at 155 and went to 140 before I saw any difference. Not to worry, you will see it in the future :) It might be coming off really evenly which could make it harder to see since you may relatively (to your starting weight) look the same (thinking similar triangle theory here).