Dont Comment

Options

Replies

• Youredoingagoodjob
    Youredoingagoodjob Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am sure you are talking about the post you made earlier.... You can totally lose more than 10 lbs a month. Use a food scale to help be sure of your calories and sweat your butt off walking or working out everyday. Good luck and be sure to post a success story for all the haters to see next month.
  • mdelappe
    mdelappe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Because you were being unrealistic...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Is this two mean people threads today?
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of experience and I support a lot of people. While I didn't comment on your first post, since you insist, I will comment here:

Losing 10 pounds in a month is not realistic NOR healthy for anyone except someone extremely obese, and then only in the beginning. Expecting to lose 20 is even more unrealistic and unhealthy. This is why you are not getting "support". Support does NOT mean just telling someone what they want to hear and helping them self destruct.

You have children; for goodness sakes pull yourself together and think about your HEALTH first. People have DIED by getting foolish and trying to lose weight as fast as possible. Not only that, your children learn from YOU how to live life; please think about the example you are setting for them. I had a mother who could say nothing but how fat and ugly she was and she was always dieting (Weight Watchers SUCKS) and starving herself, yo yoing up and down, getting sicker and sicker. I'm in my 40s and I'm still influenced by the crap she modelled. I love her, but it was madness and harmful to ME as a child and a girl.

Edit: Young women like this, who can't even take a moment and learn from older women who have been there, done it... just breaks my heart. For the kids too.... :sad:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Support isn't just kittens and rainbows. Support is people telling you when you're doing something wrong, or unhealthy or unrealistic.

I dread to think what this place would be like if every thread with unrealistic goals and unhealthy restrictive diets just got "go you!" and "you can do this!" posts. *shudder*
  • cholepapi
    cholepapi Posts: 79
    Options
    You look like you nice boobs....don't those count as weight too...Perhaps you need to subtract boob weight from your overall weight....As for 10 pounds a month....I know that lots of salad some boiled chicken and fruit with exercising might help. If you just take supplements or eat meals you are not going to stick to, then you will gain whatever you lost and more. It's a short period of time, so if you don't loose it by your birthday, use spandex to keep it in. And use your birthday as the date you started your journey to loosing weight & on your next birthday compare how far you have come. Good luck to you. :D
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If WE *kitten* don't have anything supportive or productive to say? I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sounds of your own hypocrisy.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Dont comment on someone post if you dont bring Knowledge,motivation,encouragement,support,inspiration. It is that simple I posted something simple and the feed back was antagonistic which is shocking but I guess its A**holes everywhere.

Don't post on the internet if you are so thin skinned that you can't take criticism, what are you? New here?

Rigger
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Awww, is it tantrum time? Cute.
    giphy.gif
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    This site is for over 18's therefore we are all supposedly classed as adults. In the real world adults will sometimes be told things they don't want/like to hear. However as adults we are supposedly equipped to deal with this.

Go figure huh
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I read your other thread. I didn't see anything that was antagonistic.

If you're going to post threads on the internet, you need to be prepared for all kinds of comments/advice, whether you agree with them or not.

You got alot of really great feedback in that thread. I suggest you go back and read them and the links that were provided to you.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    This post was about me (before you deleted what you wrote). I'm not sorry I commented on your other post or that people called you out for eating 500 calories yesterday.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1330312-only-10-pounds-a-month-oh-noooooo
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    This:
    I have a lot of experience and I support a lot of people. While I didn't comment on your first post, since you insist, I will comment here:

Losing 10 pounds in a month is not realistic NOR healthy for anyone except someone extremely obese, and then only in the beginning. Expecting to lose 20 is even more unrealistic and unhealthy. This is why you are not getting "support". Support does NOT mean just telling someone what they want to hear and helping them self destruct.

You have children; for goodness sakes pull yourself together and think about your HEALTH first. People have DIED by getting foolish and trying to lose weight as fast as possible. Not only that, your children learn from YOU how to live life; please think about the example you are setting for them. I had a mother who could say nothing but how fat and ugly she was and she was always dieting (Weight Watchers SUCKS) and starving herself, yo yoing up and down, getting sicker and sicker. I'm in my 40s and I'm still influenced by the crap she modelled. I love her, but it was madness and harmful to ME as a child and a girl.

And this:
    Support isn't just kittens and rainbows. Support is people telling you when you're doing something wrong, or unhealthy or unrealistic.

I dread to think what this place would be like if every thread with unrealistic goals and unhealthy restrictive diets just got "go you!" and "you can do this!" posts. *shudder*

These are human beings trying to help a fellow human being stay healthy and make positive choices.
    We will not help you make unhealthy choices, simple.

The fact you have redacted your comment already suggests you realise what you are talking about doing is not wise nor healthy.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Dont comment on someone post if you dont bring Knowledge,motivation,encouragement,support,inspiration. It is that simple I posted something simple and the feed back was antagonistic which is shocking but I guess its A**holes everywhere.

Don't post on the internet if you are so thin skinned that you can't take criticism, what are you? New here?

Rigger

But telling you that wanting to lose 20lbs a month is unrealistic and that eating 500 calories a day is unhealthy actually IS knowledge and support.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I am sure you are talking about the post you made earlier.... You can totally lose more than 10 lbs a month. Use a food scale to help be sure of your calories and sweat your butt off walking or working out everyday. Good luck and be sure to post a success story for all the haters to see next month.

tumblr_n6pkfi7AgD1rfduvxo1_500.gif

OP, cmon.
    you got GOOD advice in that thread.

push all the knowledgeable people away, and you'll be left with nothing but these other dopes who encourage you to lose too much too fast.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    ............... Aaaaaaaaaannnd OP deactivated
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I guess she didn't want help anymore. Deactivated.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

Rigger

But telling you that wanting to lose 20lbs a month is unrealistic and that eating 500 calories a day is unhealthy actually IS knowledge and support.

Constructive criticism does still fall under the banner of criticism does it not? You do understand that the word criticism does not always elicit a negative context correct?

Rigger
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    ............... Aaaaaaaaaannnd OP deactivated

Cuz the new definition of "support" is finding people who will help you destroy your health. :huh:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    It was the duck face.