THAT IS IT.......MY TURN!!

Options
bryannakay
bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
So, I have been on here for hours each week obsessing over MFP success stories....from the weight lifting to walking to calorie deficit to biking to running success stories....you name it and I have stalked your success story with jealousy.:wink: I have analyzed over and over how to eat, what I should eat, how many carbs, how many grams of fat, how many servings etc....etc....etc...etc....blah blah blah.....but, what I haven't been doing is going out there and becoming my own success story!!!

So, I know this isn't a success weight loss story but, I am using this as a wake up success story....that I CAN do this.....I WILL do this....I just need to realize that it will take time, energy, and I need to quit comparing myself to others. Before I can do that...I need to tell you some things....

True confessions:

* I have logged into myfitness pal just to add a granola bar for breakfast so that way I can keep my log in streak going :blushing:

* I don't always log in my weight every time that I weigh in because I don't want people to see that I have gained. :sad:

* I change 47 times before I realize that the first outfit I put on is the one I will ALWAYS gravitate towards in the end. :huh:

* I buy a large shirt when I know the XL looks better I just don't want to buy an XL :brokenheart:

* I formed a Biggest Loser group to help motivate others and in 8 weeks I only lost 2 pounds. How can I be a leader without leading myself? :embarassed:

* I love weight lifting but haven't stuck to a program. So, I know exactly why I don't see results. :mad:

* I still look in the mirror and feel pretty but, need to here it from others in order to believe it

* I sometimes giggle to myself when I'm eating something I shouldn't (in secrecy of course). :noway: It's terrible and I've never confessed that to anyone. I guess it's like "forbidden fruit" that I have allowed myself to eat. Except the problem is that fruit has WAY less calories than the "forbidden fruit" I have eaten. :glasses:

* I never thought I would find a man to marry me unless I was at my "goal weight"....I'm getting married July 26th and I have 35 pounds to lose still. :love: The BEST part is that he LOVES me RIGHT NOW...so, when I lose the weight, I know deep in my heart that he loves ME for ME and not because I am skinny.

WHEW!! I feel soooooo much better for confession all of those things....:flowerforyou: :love: :laugh:

So, now that I have confessed my MFP "sins" where do I go from here? I don't know why I feel the need to do this but, for those of you MFP "regulars", I am taking this moment to PROMISE to you and to MYSELF that you will see me in this success story forum....I'm not giving myself a timeline...I'm just going to go out there and DO IT!! I am going to take care of ME!!!!!

See you soon :bigsmile:

Bryanna

Replies

• kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    I am 50 and I have struggled most of my life... Your confessions ring true to me. I am guilty of at least half of the from time to time. When I got engaged I was 40 pounds heavier tham i wanted to be and never lost any of it because I couldn't say no to my then future mother in laws food. My husband tells me that he likes me chunky. I seriously have to tell him that I am now doing this for me, for my health and so I can be there for my 3 boys. I am now 110 pounds more than I want to be. I finally decided to just do something.....anything to move forward. I have been logging for a week again and most of the days have been good..ha! I gained 2 pounds! I know it is water and will disappear Soon.

My advice is log and do a little better each day. Every summer I loose 30 to 40 pounds only to gain it back during the school year. I am a first grade teacher. I am celebrating because I only gained 15 this year. I think I am ahead of the game. I am finally learning to just move forward and make as many good choices as I can. I am also not beating myself up for poor choices. That always turns into a downward spiral.

Applaud yourself for even logging on and logging the granola bar. Maybe you can log your lunch tomorrow. :)

No matter what you will be a beautiful bride.
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love both your stories and inspires me to try that much harder at my own personal goals. We all have failures in our lives and yet we are all successes in our own right for just recognizing the failures and moving on. Not letting them beat you up and congratulating yourself for what you have accomplished.

I started out at 293 pounds a few years ago. I am no where near my goal and it may take me a few years to get there. But you know what....I look at my "fat photo" and on it I wrote, " When you are down on yourself for the way you look today....look back at where you came from and remember, I love you"!

Good luck and yes it is your turn! You deserve it!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Man, I love your upbeat attitude! It is quite refreshing to see in these forums. :bigsmile:
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Your post made me smile :smile: best wishes for a long , happy and healthy marriage!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    OP...I think I love you...

i-just-wanted-to-say-i-think-youre-cute-and-i-like-you_1174.gif

I have my own confession...the last few days trying to help people on here who don't want help I've almost stopped completely because it's a lot like this...

tumblr_m7aa1ea7No1ruwi4no1_500.gif

It gets a little frustrating to try to help people so dead set on yo-yo dieting, starving themselves, and just gonna be honest, the super derp...

You...You will succeed. You have the best attitude and it's awesome to see. It's refreshing.

Here are all the tips I got...

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    -Wayne Dyer

It's about moderation not deprivation. There are no good/bad foods, only bad eating habits. Do or do not, there is no try. You have to want it, you have to work for it, you have to realize that only you can do it.

Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1217573-so-you-want-to-start-running

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

TL:DR the link right above this one then ->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Excuses??? http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/06/02/the-no-excuses-play-like-a-champion-challenge/

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Want to lift heavy things?
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Stronglifts Summary
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

Stronglifts Womens Group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

I've been following Stronglifts for 8-9 weeks. I just deadlifted more than I weigh. I love lifting heavy. I'm 5'5" eat about 2000 calories a day.

You got this. :flowerforyou:

I really want to see your success too!

ETA: The like you gif...I didn't want the only one to be headdesk and for anyone to think that I was saying that to the OP.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I have not been here all that long but when I need a kick in the pants I re read sexy pants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • LisaC101
    LisaC101 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love your post, It gave me a few laughs! So many of your points apply to me as well and admitting what you need to change is the first step...so good for you!
    Congrats on your wedding!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    trueromance-youresocool.gif
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You got this!!
    Seriously - read the links graceisjinxed posted - they are awesome. And I can honestly say that following the advice contained in those threads has helped radically changed my relationship with food - I no longer beat myself over "over-eating" - I just log it and move on

I wish you joy in your marriage and success losing weight
  • tcheryl
    tcheryl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love both your stories and inspires me to try that much harder at my own personal goals. We all have failures in our lives and yet we are all successes in our own right for just recognizing the failures and moving on. Not letting them beat you up and congratulating yourself for what you have accomplished.

I started out at 293 pounds a few years ago. I am no where near my goal and it may take me a few years to get there. But you know what....I look at my "fat photo" and on it I wrote, " When you are down on yourself for the way you look today....look back at where you came from and remember, I love you"!

Good luck and yes it is your turn! You deserve it!

this quote is SO wonderful!!! I want to use it for my tops group--which is "take off pounds sensibly." every member will be able to relate!!

bryanna--I bet SO many people read your post and almost broke their necks nodding with your confessions!! i'm betting on you winning and getting to your goal--no matter how long it takes.

I truly worked very hard for this contest so you'd better realize what a good job you did starting the damn thing:happy:
    can't wait to see you in a month!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Cute. Love!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    UP! WHere you go from here is UP. UP UP UP!!!

You have now fully integrated your full self and admitted yourself to yourself.

From here there is no more denial in your way or skeletons or anything to distract you.

You are free to keep your eye on the ball and make forwards strides and large ones.

You will read all the threads with a renewed sense of trugh and clarity.
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your attitude!! You WILL succeed!!!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Admitting all that is the first step to changing it. You can't change what you don't acknowledge.

Make a list of the reasons WHY you want to be what you want to be. And break it down - why do you want to wear size x? Why do you want to look good? why do you want to do whatever it is - the REAL core reasons. And then focus on those when times get rough and the "forbidden" foods get tempting. Eat lots of good fresh healthy food so you aren't hungry and tempted in the first place.

You can do it - and you will have a different kind of success post.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding :) Sounds like a lucky couple all round.
  • Eneelu
    Eneelu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That was such an awesome post. Made me smile. There's always things we keep to ourselves, that we are ashamed to admit to others. Great confessions. Keep on posting. :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love the part about giggling to yourself. Eventually you'll get to the point where you don't see foods as "good" or "bad" and you won't feel the urge to laugh maniacally every time you have a doughnut, but the picture of doing so still makes me giggle.

719940131e35f4e9926c13c870bb8188.jpg
  • tawnywest
    tawnywest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for telling me you can just log in one thing to keep your streak going. That's the best news I've heard all day!:laugh: I loved your post. You are a true success and weight has nothing to do with it. Your normal, up-beat attitude will up lift a lot of people reading your post so thank you for taking the time to share. I know I can relate to everything you said. You are beautiful inside and out. I wish you continued success!
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    OuuP65N.jpg
  • heather_hearts_travel
    heather_hearts_travel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!