For all those who gradually upped cals to maintain...

Options
How many calories did you go up each week to reach your maintance cals and how long did it take you? Thanks!

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    couple ppl on my FL did 100 cals/week
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    About 100, 200 as I got more confident. Can't remember how long since I went up to a bulk but we're talking months because I'm a scaredy-cat.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    50 per week from 1450 to 1650, then 100 per week to 1950. Was still losing, albeit slowly, so went to 2000k just recently and am eat back as much exercise as I can. It took about 7 weeks.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Same, like 100 daily for a couple weeks, then adjusted.
  • bv109
    bv109 Posts: 83
    Options
    100 per week
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    50 a week. maybe every other week.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I bumped 250 calories up when I lost weight. Started at 1750/day, saw a slight weight increase that went back down after a week and then started losing again. When I showed two losses in a row (weighing 1-2x a week), I bumped. I'm now consuming about 2250 a day (up to 2500 on days I go hiking) and maintaining.
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I bumped 250 calories up when I lost weight. Started at 1750/day, saw a slight weight increase that went back down after a week and then started losing again. When I showed two losses in a row (weighing 1-2x a week), I bumped. I'm now consuming about 2250 a day (up to 2500 on days I go hiking) and maintaining.

Δ I found this - upped the kcals to 1750, put weight on, stuck with it, upped to 2000 and the couple of lbs disappeared. You just gotta stick with the increase for a bit ad see how it levels out.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Like others - I am bumping 100 cals per day/week. I am still loosing weight but it has slowed down. Plan to settle around 2,000 cals :smile: Plus eat back 50% of exercise cals and see how it goes.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I started with 100 calories but it caused "gains"...I know it was just water but I didn't like it...so I went to 50 a week. I am at 2k atm...maitenance is actually 2100 but gonna stick here for the summer...just cause I am hoping for a bit of a recomp over the summer.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached maintenance yet, but I recently changed my goals from a pound a week (with which I was losing between 1.5 and 2 pounds a week) to a half-pound a week deficit (where I thought I would be losing a pound or so). It's been a week and a half and no weight lost at all. You wouldn't think switching from 1740 to 1970 would make such a difference, but for some reason my body is confused. I'm hoping that if I stay here at this level of deficit, the losses will start again soon as I still have some weight to go.

If you jumped 230 in one shot yes you will retain fluids as you replenish your glycogen stores...your body will get used to it...and you will see losses again. That is why I upped mine 50 instead of 100.