Eating most of your daily cals in the evening..input needed.

Options
JD2006
JD2006 Posts: 791 Member
So I know as far as timing goes, our bodies cant tell what time we are eating..so eating a late dinner or snacking, isnt necessarily "bad". But what about eating a generous amount right before or close to falling asleep? Certainly our bodies must process fats and nutrients differently when in a sedentary sleep mode? Also, what are the consequences when it comes to eating a majority of your daily cals in the evening? I just dont have much of an appetite until late night. Or maybe its just that Im busy during the day...or prefer eating my food at night when its quiet and less stressful, and I can enjoy it. Im not sure. But what are the repercussions of eating most of your food in the evening and late evening? Any?

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    You could wake up at midnight and eat your entire days worth of food and go back to sleep and it would make no appreciable difference.

Rigger
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I think if thats what you prefer, then go for it. I never had any problem losing fat while eating most of my calories in the evening.

The only time I wouldn't suggest it, is if someone complained that a full stomach keeps them awake at night. So if you don't have that problem, eat when you're hungry! =)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eating all your calories at night is fine.
  • matthehat
    matthehat Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I usually eat my "major" meal at night, like 7pm. I find it helps a lot with not snacking at night. I make sure to have like 1000 calories left so I can eat big.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    It makes absolutely no difference what time you eat.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Totally fine. I'm a big night eater.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    There aren't any repercussions at all.
  • ellypoopypants
    Options
    eating in the late evenings doesn't affect weight gain, it's just that generally late-night eaters eat junk food that's possibly why it's easy to assume that eating late or close to your bed time contributes to gaining weight.
  • JD2006
    JD2006 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Awesome....going to enjoy my 1000 calories tonight then..lol. Thanks all:)
  • leslog86
    leslog86 Posts: 4
    Options
    i normally end up eating the most in my evening, just because it is when I have the most time to really eat a meal. Only thing I would say is not to eat within an hour or so of bed time. That is just something my doctor told me once, better for digestion.