What's your BIGGEST motivation?

Options
I'm sure most of us have at least a few of the same reasons for wanting to get into better shape (better health, more confidence, etc.) but I want to know what your biggest motivation is! What is it that keeps you going each day? What makes sweating through work outs and skipping out on junk food worth it to you?

Mine is pretty simple: I want to be able to wear whatever I want and look good in it! I'm only 18 and I feel like I should feel confident and look forward to shopping. Knowing that in a few months I'll be able to actually look forward to trying on clothes really keeps me going!

Replies

• LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My biggest motivation is that I have spent the last 10 years battling my weight and poor body image due to it. I am turning 31 this February and I do not want to deal with this any longer! What a waste!! So that's it. This year I am losing the weight and being happy with myself.
  • fitmom125
    Options
    My biggest motivation is the same as yours. I want to feel and look good in my clothes.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see.
  • psarah
    psarah Posts: 84
    Options
    Mine is getting healthy..but after that it is I want to be sexyt and go rock climbing..
  • Pattilynne
    Options
    my motivation is that i want to be "the hot mom". i take my daughter to her dance class every week, and i see the other mothers there that show up in their sweats and tee shirts and they just don't care about how they look. then i have to sit there and listen to them all complaining that their husbands don't pay attention to them. I DONT WANT TO BE LIKE THAT! :bigsmile:
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I sick of being unhealthy and feeling self concious- i get bullied a lot and it hurts. I want to look better in clothes and not be out of breath walking up the three flights of stairs in the design building at uni. I'm a design student and have an appreciation for designer clothes but they do not come anywhere near my size and i have to settle and that makes me sad.
  • Alure
    Alure Posts: 30
    Options
    I want to be able to DO amazingly fun things forever. Looking good is an exceptional side effect, but I want a strong, functional body that is up to whatever I want to try next. Mountain biking, hiking, aerial silk, yoga, budokon, ballet, (pole dancing someday), etc. When I watch people with strong healthy bodies doing something I think is beautiful or that looks fun, it motivates me :).
  • AshleyMaire
    Options
    I think it's bigger than motivation. You need to find your priorities, because nothing is worth doing if it doesn't align with what's important to you. For me, it's family. Knowing that I'm setting a good example for my little sister and my parents is enough to keep me going every day.
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I think it's bigger than motivation. You need to find your priorities, because nothing is worth doing if it doesn't align with what's important to you. For me, it's family. Knowing that I'm setting a good example for my little sister and my parents is enough to keep me going every day.
    That's really great! I would say that my priority is being healthy, which is why I'm trying to lose this weight the healthy way and I also want to be in really great shape so I work out a lot now so that as I lose the weight, I will also be toning and strengthening my body. That's what's the most IMPORTANT to me, otherwise I would be exercising a lot and not worrying about eating back any of those calories just to get the weight off quicker. But, my motivation is definitely looking good in clothes and that's what keeps me pushing through some of the workouts when I just feel like giving up! Hopefully that made some sense, lol!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for me this time, but my motivation is my boys! I want to be a heathly example for them how to live healthy and active.