Sometimes it's the little things

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
Occasionally a little thing really makes the improvement hit home. I definitely am getting healthier. I just hauled a 40lb bag of cat litter up to my 2nd floor apartment. 6 months ago I couldn't haul MYSELF up the stairs without stopping to rest and catch my breath. On another note, that 40 lb is HEAVY (and to think I was carrying 45 more pounds on my body every second).

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    As you get closer to your target you'll have the dilemma, take 2 bags or 2 trips.:laugh: Well done, keep going it will be worth it. :smile:
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I can barely handle a 25 lb box of cat litter DOWN the stairs to the basement. :ohwell:
  • earlnabby
    Options
    Good for you! I can barely handle a 25 lb box of cat litter DOWN the stairs to the basement. :ohwell:

With my bad knee I do better going up than down but I am able to carry more down stairs than I used to.
  • shardan123
    Options
    Well done !- last month I could not fasten my shoes without huffing and puffing, can now :-)... not weighed recently( next weigh in 05/07) but, by last weigh in results, I should have lost another 5lbs as diet still going well
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss ....... and keep on truckin' !
  • homemadehippy
    homemadehippy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That IS awesome! I love those little differences. Changing the way we look is nice, but changing our ability to do things is such an amazing feeling. :)
  • nicoleyg
    nicoleyg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to notice little things too. Like not being out of breath when I take the stairs at work, being able to walk from one part of the house to another with out getting out of breath, etc. It might seem like tiny things to some, but to me it is a huge improvement and it makes me feel positive that this time I will be able to reach my goal weight, slowly but surely.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    That IS awesome! I love those little differences. Changing the way we look is nice, but changing our ability to do things is such an amazing feeling. :)

Very true. We often get so caught up in what size we are wearing now or how many people have noticed the loss that we lose sight of more important things like being able to live the life we want.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    I'm starting to notice little things too. Like not being out of breath when I take the stairs at work, being able to walk from one part of the house to another with out getting out of breath, etc. It might seem like tiny things to some, but to me it is a huge improvement and it makes me feel positive that this time I will be able to reach my goal weight, slowly but surely.

Doesn't it feel great when you realize that you are better than you were? Congrats!
  • menogain
    menogain Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!! And I bet the cat/cats are happy too! :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! That's awesome!!! *high five*
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This is a great NSV. One you are in better shape and two you get to see how much you have lost in a very real way. Those NSV's keep me going when that scale wouldn't move. I remember when I realized I could put one foot on to my other knee to tie my shoe. I was so excited. Also when I was able to wrap a regular bath towel (I had been using a bath sheet) around me without any skin poking out. Oh the NSVs really make this journey worth every bit of the hard work and dedication!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!