Confused?

evulka21
evulka21 Posts: 13 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everybody,
I really like this site and I am glad I found it. Definitely a learning experience.
My only thing is I am still confused. I thought I was eating too much but as I started to count my daily calories I realized that I only get around 1000( probably more on weekends). My doctors would always tell me it's all about calories in/out, so I have been paying attention. Apparently that means that I need to start eating more now to get the metabolism started (get out of starvation mode) and after couple of weeks I might actually start losing. I am afraid to start eating more, I feel good, not hungry. I eat pretty healthy, do not care for fast food or soda, but I do have a sedentary job. I try to exercise, but have hard time to stick to it. I am not in bad shape but I carry too much extra weight.

Anybody with a similar situation?

cw 175
gw 130

...long way to go:)

Replies

• miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    I'm in exactly the same situation. I typically intake about 1100-1300 cal in a day, maybe 1500 on the weekends. Turns out my recommended intake is 1850 to lose. So while I kept hearing over and over again that I need to eat less (like I keep ho-hos stuffed in my pockets or something!), turns out I need to eat *more.*
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Yeah me too. I'm a super busy uni student who's always stressed and i was barely eating 800 cal a day and i kept gaining weight and couldn't figure out why, it turns out i need over 1300 to lose.
  • We are in literally the exact same place in terms of our current and goal weights! My doctor is making me stay on a 1200 calorie diet, and sometimes I am full at 1000 also. I try not to stuff myself--if I'm not hungry, I don't eat. I am not sure if that's helping or hurting me, but I figure I'd rather have slower weight loss than a perpetually upset stomach.
  • i work in a call center so i sit all day too... and even before i started counting calories, i was always taking the stairs and walking around outside on my breaks (truthfully, i smoke, and the smoking area is really far from the entrance, and most people sit in thier car because of this, but i've always made the point to make the walk to the end of the building, i know this does not make up for smoking, but i am trying to make a conscious effort to keep moving any chance i get). when i started logging my foods every day, there are a lot of days that i am not even making my 1200 for the day, but those are the days i don't even feel hungry at the end of the day, but on the days that i have made at least 1200, by the time i go to bed, i'm still looking for more, so i'm a little confused too... at least i know that i am not the only one. feel free to add me as a friend on here, we have similar goals.... i'm at 180 looking to be 125 again
  • Hi, I think getting active and exercising is the key! That will definitely stimulate your metabolism. My intake is under 1200 a day and I've been exercising at least 3 times a week/ for an hour and I see a big difference. Your body will naturally respond and get hungry for more snacks throughout the day, just pick healthy ones!
  • evulka21
    evulka21 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi. that sounds good, I am aware that exercise is key...but it is sooooo hard sometimes to fit it in. I might have to squeeze it in before going to work. Three times a week should be attainable:)

Does it mean you did not try to restart your metabolism first by eating more?

Thank you for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.