Saying goodbye to a good friend

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
A few weeks ago, I mentioned a friend of mine who was in hospice due to a rare form of cancer. After 8 weeks, she passed away today. Such a great person and a young 43 year old mother of 2. Gonna miss her. Love ya girl and I promise to help out with your family whenever they need it.:brokenheart:

jen_zpse20f3f41.png

I f-ing hate cancer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. 43 is way, way, WAY too young.

Cancer sucks.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, I feel you. Perhaps, take it this way. Everyone will be having "that day" the only difference is the "method" of execution.

My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer, fought for almost 12 years and knocked down by TB.

My uncle, sudden death (in horrible situation) at the age of 53.

My grandma, sudden death (in peaceful condition) at the age of 90++.

It hurts a lot. I take it as, they leaving us and heading to a new journey. :)

Stay strong my friend.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Lost my mother to cancer, too. It's a rotten, cruel disease, for sure. I'll say a prayer for your friend.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    That is just painful. I am so sorry for your loss.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my cousin last year to glioblastoma multiforme. She was 33. Cancer is a vicious disease..

You'll be in my prayers.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember reading you post about her recently. 43 is too soon, and cancer is a ****.
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. We're all here for you.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I watched cancer rob my dad of every pleasure and dignity before he died. I hate cancer with every fiber of my being
  • blushpeonies
    blushpeonies Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i'm so sorry for your loss. cancer is vicious - and you never know when it is going to strike. lost my little cousin to it - common childhood cancer, very rare location. she was 16. life will never be the same. it just helps knowing that eventually I will see her again.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for you loss. MFP is a family and when our family hurts we hurt for them.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to her family and yourself..... I just lost my mother to cancer over memorial day weekend... cancer has taken quite a few members of my family.. Its an heartbreaking ordeal..

Stay strong ninerbuff...
  • milmomto2
    milmomto2 Posts: 84
    Options
    I don't know of one family that it hasn't touched. I HATE cancer too! I pray for peace for you and her family ..
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    i have lost too many good people to cancer. My own brother at 12 in 1983 and I still haven't gotten over that one. I found an Eskimo saying that I absolutely adore and I would like to share with you.

“Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven, where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”

So, tonight go outside and look up into the vast sky and pick a star that speaks to you, that is your friend letting you know she is happy and no longer in pain.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    Thanks from everyone who responded.

It just sucks so much because she did all the right things when it came to eating, exercising, and being a great mom and wife. I'm saddened, but at the same time I'm glad she's not going through any more pain. According to her husband, she was hitting the pain button every 15-20 minutes just to relieve it. I can't imagine how hard that must have been.
    My respect goes out to anyone who currently is dealing/dealt with cancer. I hope that someday soon we find an affordable cure for everyone who needs it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Sorry man!
    im-so-frickin-sorry.gif
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options