trying this again

Options
My name's Julia. I've lost weight twice before. Once with weight watchers and once with TOPS, but both times I gained it all back. This time I'm going to do it, but on my own terms. I've already lost 7 pounds. There have been changes in my life for the better so that gives me motivation. I also got a Fitbit to help me monitor how many steps i'm taking. I've been wanting a pedometer for years now and just never got one.

Feel free to send me a friend request.

Replies

• meyowtime
    meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear the weight came back, but at least you are trying your own way now. I just ordered a fitbit too. I didn't even know that it syncs with myfitnesspal, but I'm excited to see how that works out. :-)
  • JuliaMarie85
    JuliaMarie85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It syncs with myfitnesspal?! I had no idea it did that. I had planned on having two separate systems going during the day and at night I was going to manually update myfitnesspal with the calories I lost during the day that Fitbit recorded.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on making the decision to get healthy. The Fitbit is a great tool. I have a similar item called a Bodymedia. They both help to take a lot of the guesswork out of how much you should be eating, and they help motivate you to move more. The Fitbit will actually alter your MFP calorie goal according to how much you burn, so you'll be able to maintain a steady deficit.
  • JuliaMarie85
    JuliaMarie85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know!
  • meyowtime
    meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yep. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it seems like once you link your fitbit it will add your activity to your exercise data on MFP.