New to the site...

Options
I have diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I am 5'2" and I weight 220lbs. I went to the doctor yesterday and I was put on phentermine. When I first took it yesterday it made me jittery but not today. I went back to the doctor today to check my blood pressure an hour after taking it and it was of normal level. They drew my blood today to check my thyroid and I find out the results of it tomorrow. The doctor said that based on BMI that my target weight is 139.

I started protein shakes today and for dinner only had about two cups of spaghetti. I did drink 88oz of pop today because my husband hasn't brought my water bottles in from the back of his truck (too heavy for me to carry). He is going to do that tonight and I am going to start drinking water mixed with single serving kool aide which has 0 calories and 0 sugar so tomorrow will be a lot better.

Replies

• twenty2yearslater
    Options
    Found out today that I have hypothyroidism and was put on medicine for that. I am down to 216.
  • ThisgirlMila
    Options
    Welcome :)

I'm new to the site as well and going through the exact same thing (hypothyroidism) luckily it was mild and am in remission so the medication did help get it under control if taken as prescribed :)

May I ask, what is your overall goal?..
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    welcome to the rest of your life reaching your goal. add me for support and motivation through this journey.
  • meyowtime
    meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've had a rough day. Thankfully high blood pressure is one of those things that's easy to monitor and can be fixed in time. I had to stop smoking, drinking energy drinks and powerade (high sodium) when I found out my BP was high. Hang in there. :-)