I can't stop eating!!

Options
I don't know what the deal is, the past few weeks it seems like i can just eat and eat and eat, now i have a wedding at the end of the month, my bridesmaid dress still fits but i keep stressing it won't, you would think that would be motivation to slow it down and eat better but it's like a compulsion. Already i've had a balance bar for breakfast and three sandwiches (light wheat bread 70 cals for two slices with low fat turkey bologna) so it didn't kill me on calories but i feel like i could have ten more and still not feel full. What could it be? What would help?

Replies

• luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    I don't know what the deal is, the past few weeks it seems like i can just eat and eat and eat, now i have a wedding at the end of the month, my bridesmaid dress still fits but i keep stressing it won't, you would think that would be motivation to slow it down and eat better but it's like a compulsion. Already i've had a balance bar for breakfast and three sandwiches (light wheat bread 70 cals for two slices with low fat turkey bologna) so it didn't kill me on calories but i feel like i could have ten more and still not feel full. What could it be? What would help?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Do you use a lot of low fat/light food options? Sometimes they aren't as satisfying. I have found that I do so much better if I have goof tasting, filling bread, and a loaded sandwich (lots of veggies, limited condiments).

Does that make sense?
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Have you been more active over the summer possibly and thus your body is needing constant "fuel"? Are you stressing out about anything, even in a good way, maybe this wedding? Are you drinking enough water? Sometimes what you think is hunger might just be a slight dehydration. I had 5 weeks to lose 7 lb before I went on vacation and it didn't happen either because I was having the same problem. Beat myself up for a few days, but now I'm determined to take control, rather than letting it control me.

If your dress still fits, don't fret. Just keep active, very well-hydrated, and maybe focus on eating a little slower and see if it fills you up before you go for the next round.

Keep up the good work. I'm sure you're a knockout in your bridesmaid dress.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking LOTS of water? Sometimes when I can't get that "full" feeling, I drink a glass of milk and it helps. So, if you are drinking a lot water, try a glass of milk and see if that helps any. :flowerforyou:
  • luvchi3
    Options
    it does make total sense. i go with the low fat lighter stuff because i worry that if i eat something more substantial and it doesn't fill me up then i'll want more and end up eating three high calorie sandwiches
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    it does make total sense. i go with the low fat lighter stuff because i worry that if i eat something more substantial and it doesn't fill me up then i'll want more and end up eating three high calorie sandwiches

Usually the lighter stuff is lacking the "fill'm up" parts. Try it and see if it helps.
    Also, everyones suggestions about staying hydrated is a must! I am horrible about getting my water in but it plays a huge role.
  • luvchi3
    Options
    yeah i usually drink tons of water i feel really sick if i don't. i've been slacking a little on that part i'll have to see if it helps. i was looking at other breads at the store the other day, thinking the same thing maybe i'll feel more full but then panicked when i saw 90 calories per slice, i guess if i only have two slices of that instead of six or eight of the other then i would be better off still

here's a silly question that i probably already know the answer to but just want some input. i haven't been working out much at all this summer pretty much cuz i don't have time to, i started a second job at the same time i had to fire my assistant at my full time job and have been working about 70 hours a week since the end of june. i keep thinking i must be burning calories at the second job since it's standing at a cash register and bagging groceries for four hours a night but i can't find any info to back that up. even if i am i'm still just maintaining and not losing so i can't seem to figure out the balance between eating enough to fuel my body but not too much so i still lose
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Hmmm.... i would say that it would burn some more calories.
    I am not sure how many though at all.
    I assume that although it's a cashier job you are still moving, twisting, bending, etc.
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    grab water and keep drinking, trust me it will make you feel sooooo fulllllll. and if u can't see yourself drinking the water, grab a hot pepper, then you will really need that water
  • luvchi3
    Options
    grab water and keep drinking, trust me it will make you feel sooooo fulllllll. and if u can't see yourself drinking the water, grab a hot pepper, then you will really need that water

lol that's too funny