What is it your doing..

Options
...To lose weight? for me i am just healthy and exercising and cutting out the rubbish i used to eat and i would like to give up the fizzy juice completely but ive cut that down from drinking nearly 2 litres a day to 1 glass.

Replies

• amsmitty83
    Options
    I count my calories.....eat healthy....drink Shakeology everyday......Exercise...Exercise...Exercise! :) I have lost 80lbs....40-50 more to go! :) what is your weight loss goal?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I exercise as intensely as possible for at least 6 days of every week, and I eat the right amount of calories. I also eat good quality calories because I don't want a 100 calorie piece of cake when I know that a 100 calorie Greek salad has so many more health benefits. For me, the calories in/calories out helps me lose weight, and the quality of calories make my body more efficient and lean.

The workouts I currently do are P90X coupled with Turbo Kick (not to be confused with Chalene's other programs, Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire).
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    I am watching my sugar intake. added sugars. no more chocolate and the like. must learn to say no and finish the withdrawals from Christmas screwing up the last attempt. ha.

Then I am working on fatty things. But for now it's sugar. I don't hit my calorie limit all that often (maybe once a month on average) So I have that pretty much covered by just avoiding sugary goodness.
  • miss_ld
    miss_ld Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for your reply and very well done on your weightloss, i am also counting calories too forgot to write that, i am aiming to lose 119lb, long road ahead of me but it will be worth it i am sure :)
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I count my calories.....eat healthy....drink Shakeology everyday......Exercise...Exercise...Exercise! :) I have lost 80lbs....40-50 more to go! :) what is your weight loss goal?

Awesome job!! That is amazing!!!!

Right now I'm maintaining but I would the key is cutting calories and exercise: EXACTLY what MFP says to do! Don't go under calories because you can plateau, try and cut out the extra sugar that your body doesn't need, eventually keep an eye on sodium, no snacking right before bed...there ya go! I've lost 70 pounds on this website! :o)
  • Awabanana
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing as you, cutting out that nasty (but oh so delicious) take-out food that I lived on before, exercising, and cutting down the diet soda to a few times a week. Try sparkling water instead, it has that fizzy yumminess of soda, but no calories and you're getting your water in! Cutting out the one or two Starbucks drinks a day was the hardest part for me, but it helps that its not only saving me calories, but also a ton of money!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am eating low carb. Don't watch my calories at all. Just my carbs. Re-starting Atkins Induction this week. Xmas and t-dau got me screwed up. Lost 19lbs from Aug 15 to Oct 31. Can't wait to get going. Good luck everyone !!!!
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Miss ID,

I am very fit but overweight. I have always worked out but I have never taken diet seriously. Getting older and my eating habits are passing my exercise habits. 70 to 80 percent of a weight loss program is diet. When I started using MFP I began cutting back on exercise and started focusing on my diet.

Not in a hurry to lose my fluffy side. It keeps me warm when I’m fishing :) but it's my new life style and I’m here for the long haul.

Pete
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    I am eating low carb. Don't watch my calories at all. Just my carbs. Re-starting Atkins Induction this week. Xmas and t-dau got me screwed up. Lost 19lbs from Aug 15 to Oct 31. Can't wait to get going. Good luck everyone !!!!

Totally agree about the carbs, i have good days and bad days depending on how i feel , when i'm ill or run down my body craves carbs, but if i'm being careful when i'm fit and healthy i don't beat myself about the other times..........

my advise is try and not eat too many products that contain flour , ie pastry , bread , cakes , biscuits, pasta etc etc , just think about what you eat on a daily basis too much of those foods can make you feel bloated and lethargic.