10 lbs down, 95 to go

Options
meyowtime
meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
After a few knee injuries and many many years of being big, my joints are not happy. I don't mind being big. I've always found larger folks to be more attractive. What I don't like is the prospect of limited mobility since I'd like to have kids in the next few years. I have had arthritis and hypothyroidism since my teens (I'm 31 now). I'm looking to make some changes to improve how I feel. Ideally, I'd like to be back to the weight I was in college when I was more active and in less arthritic pain. If you have similar goals, feel free to say hi. :-)

Replies

• avril2626
    avril2626 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start, with 10 lbs down! I am not in your exact situation, but I can relate to a lot of what you are saying. I have about 60 to lose, and have lost 15. I have abused my back, and have had other physical problems....ALL of which will be improved with a much leaner and stronger body. It is a really good motivator for me, so I am grateful for that (in an unusual way...lol). I hope you achieve all you are wanting for yourself. This is a great place to become healthier and stronger! Good luck with your journey!
  • meyowtime
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. Even with only 10lbs lost, I definitely feel a difference in pressure on my knees. One of my milestones is going to be when I lose 25lbs, so 100lbs of pressure off my knees. Hoping I can get there by the end of the summer. :-)
  • KimbaCan
    KimbaCan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow. I think I will throw a party if/when I lose 10 pounds.
    Congratulations!
    And my ultimate goal is pretty much what I weighed in college.
    I look forward to hearing when you hit your 25 goal :)
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    I have knee problems from an accident I got into 6 months before getting pregnant. I was 140 then & had a tough pregnacy , I got no excersise n gained about 70 lbs . I had him february of last year n lost 20 lbs since. 10 lbs was lost in the last 3 months . Ive been drinking green tea n honey everyday. Walking n eating better. I even cancelled my cable to get me off the couch lol it even helps not having to see so many skinny woman all the time , that really annoys me . I have the habit of comparing myself to others.

After losing 20 lbs I feel lighter n more motivated. I am new to this site n I cant wait to see how far I will go . Ive been using virgin coconut oil on my skin to help regain elasticity n get rid of stretch marks . I read its good for hyper thyroidism too . Trader joes sells it for $5 .
  • meyowtime
    Options
    Kimba, I'll definitely throw myself a little party at the 25lbs mark. I'll do a freaking dance then, because I might be able to. :-) I have the same ultimate goal as you. I always feel a little hopeful when people say how they feel better now than they did in their teens/20s. :-) Hope your goals get met soon too.
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am nearly 30 and have 100 lbs to lose too. I want to get it off for me and my future family too. Feel free to add me. I log daily (for the past 122 days!). I am trying to like exercising. I have a trainer 2 days a week and work out 2-3 days on my own. I am down 15 lbs. It is a long process but I feel better and stronger.