Looking for new buddies to help me stay on track!

Options
So, I have had this app on my phone for a few months.. .and I seem to go through random phases where I am incredibly diligent about entering everything, and then I start to slack (usually when the weekend comes along and I go out with friends and eat incredibly unhealthy and have way more *adult beverages* than I would like to admit to this dang app!)

And then Monday comes along, and I try to tell myself I am going to start over!

I have a fabulously HORRIBLE event coming up in my life, and I am going to try as hard as humanly possible to STAY HOME on the weekends, while I am studying for the California State Bar. So, I figure, what time better than now to start getting my butt in gear!

With another fabulous iPhone app, I am able to at least get some studying done while at the gym (I am one of those strange people who prefers to read when on the elliptical machines and bikes) .

Anyhow, that is my story, and like I said... I think making a few buddies on here could help me stay on track, maybe make me feel accountable?

Replies

• life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    sent friend req.
    together we can all do this!!
    the best thing you can do is log log log even the bad days. every bit of the good and bad.
    part of getting this done is learning to live you life as you would normally or you will regain later.
    trust me this is the 3rd time for me.
    i am drinking and eating on the weekends with my friends with my future in mind.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hey,

I'm not trying to pull you down, just expression my opinion.

You're not ready yet for a weight loss. As long as you don't log food on weekends, when you're doing less weel, you're lying to yourself. Not logging bad days is to me like the hide game small children play. If they hide, nobody can see them. If you don't log weekends, they've not happened.
    You should log every day, also weekends. Thay way you really see what you do on weekends, and maybe you'll find a way to change a thing or 2... like drink a glass of water between every adult beverage... small changes which lead to one big change.
    Nobody asks you to make your diary publicly viewable, so those bad weekends stay between you and your computer.
    Once you stop lying to yourself, you will be ready for changes!

I suggest you log everything, also on weekends, and slowly start changing things from unhealthy to less unhealthy to almost healthy to really healthy.... but do it with small steps.

Give it a try, you can only win that way... or lose that is ;-)

MM
  • mumofflea
    mumofflea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sent friend request

Don't worry you can do it, and so what if you let your self go at weekends.

I have been dieting since September, but only found this app on Saturday and think it will help me out a little more.

I have lost a total of 17lb, but I haven't made any food forbiden if i fancy a drink then I have one, if i fancy a chocolate bar then i have it.

3650873.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tintin9
    tintin9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi!

The good thing is you WANT to lose weight and you WANT to be healthy. That's a start. And it looks like you know what to do, by logging your food and drink intake. However, it takes a lot of discipline. Losing weight is real hard work. Looking for buddies (and apps) help to keep us motivated but we have to acknowledge that it is only ourselves who can push us.

I've been coaching a friend (one-on-one) to help get her to her ideal weight. I'm really excited that she's lost pounds and inches in just two weeks and it is a great feeling for me. And I'm extending this help to you. I might get annoying though because I will always check on you :)
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi,

Good to hear from you and welcome.

Steve
  • veroneekag
    veroneekag Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! The amount of feedback, and with such speed is impressive!

I appreciate both the optimistic and the more realistic feedback! I have DEFINITELY slacked in the past, and gave myself excuses as to why "this" weekend should be an exception... and quickly realized that "this" weekend was just about every weekend!

But, everything, even the more harsh replies are correct! And I know that I want to have to do it for myself, and predominately for my health! So, if it takes being forced to stay home on weekends studying to help me get into a more healthy routine, so be it! I will take advantage of this time.

Once this period of transition is over, I will then have to figure out how to work moderation into my weekends once I am back to normal life! But I think I am going to worry about that when the time comes!

I think my first small goal is going to be ensuring that I log everything that I eat on the weekends!!
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I sent a request.
    I'm semi new as well.
    Let's see who can lose the most weight! Maybe a little competition will help. :bigsmile:
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I wish you good luck with your first goal! I'm sure you'll get there... and we're all here to help! :-)

MM
  • hdmotorc
    hdmotorc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you need to have a drink or two go for a walk first. I drink Busch Light beer wich has only 95 calories. Taking the stairs at work, keeping off my but, and walking walking walking can quickly earn many 95 calorie beers. I am not writing this to promote drinking. I am just stating the facts. You can drink and lose weight. I have lost about 19 lbs since 11/03/10. I started using a different website but this one had a lot more to offer. You can make it.
    HD
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! :)
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Good luck! The one thing that I keep in mind when I get to the point when I don't want to log in my food or alcoholic beverages is that it is not hurting anyone buy myself. i am amazed at how many empty calories I use on a daily basis when I do not log in. If you know you are going out, workout before so you can have the extra calories. Plan ahead for where you will be eating and look at the menu online for the nutritional information. Do you have a friend that is willing to split a meal with you? Maybe you can indulge a little but only have half the calories? I admit I drink and I do count my calories for it. Since this is a lifestyle change, we have to change our choices because sadly our past choices are what have gotten us to this website in the first place.

Good luck with tracking your food and good luck with the CA Bar!!!