Size

Options
Hi

I'm currently 16 stone 13 and 5 foot 8 and a uk size 22 on the bottom ( big Hips) and on top i can fit into a 22 -18 depends on shop.

I have decided to give myself smaller and realistic goals.

But over all i want to be a size 16 what sort of weight would that be???

I was told that about 10 -15 pounds is about a dress size but not sure.

Any help would be great.

xxxxx:smile:

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person and where you carry your weight. Genetics determine where you lose weight from.

For instance, I lose weight first in my boobs and stomach. My thighs and bum are the last thing to go. I have a friend who loses all over pretty evenly, and another friend who loses from her stomach first followed by her legs then boobs.
  • lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There's lots of factors for clothes size, so it's not a simple answer!

I'm 5ft 6 and at 16 stone 13 I was a size 20. I'm current 15 stone 10 and a size 18. When I was last a size 16 (quite a few years ago) I was about 14 st 13 or 15 st. Being taller than me these figures will be different for you, and quite possibly as I lose weight they will change for me (loose fat vs toned muscle could mean I weigh the same but am a dress size smaller etc)

I would suggest just taking it a stone at a time and seeing what the changes result in your wardrobe!

Feel free to add me if you want similar UK buddies!!

Lisa x
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 8 and when i last got into a size 16 (but were kinda tight) I was 15st 7lbs This is my current goal I am aiming towards. But then again when I was at the weight you are now I was happily in size 18. so think everyone is different.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10 and at 16st 13lb I wear a size 20-22 depending on the shop, though my waist fits an 18. When I was a size 16 I weighed between 12 and 13 1/2 stone. Each size for me is about 21lbs.
    I'm an hourglass, which is a pain as my hips to waist measurements just don't work with clothes sizes.
  • Annesoucy1957
    Options
    Variation between one manufacturer of clothing and another hard to tell. Also you might lose weight in certain part of your body rather than another and it will influence how the cloth fits.
  • jessy8787
    jessy8787 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yeah i that problem big big hips small er waist:smile:
  • jessy8787
    Options
    I have added you xx
  • hismogwai
    hismogwai Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    hey im 5 foot 6 inches and When I was a 16 uk I weighed 13 stone 8lbs
  • kirstienom
    kirstienom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how this works but i think it's down to the individual. I'm 5ft 8 and from the UK. I'm 19st 4lbs and a size 22 top and size 24 bottom. Now that's obviously a lot heavier than you but only 1 size bigger! At your weight it shouldn't be too big of a lose to see a noticeable difference. Hope this helps.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi well done on setting realistic goals i was a size 16 when i started around 13st im 5ft 5 but it does depend on how you carry weight and your height etc at 22lbs lower im now a 12 mainly sometimes 14 in shops that come up small. I would advise on just taking it 1lb at a time and seeing where you get to i started wanting to be 160lbs got there not happy so next goal is 150lbs im 3lbs away but then i think i will want to go a bit lower
  • jessy8787
    Options
    @galprincess

Yeah i am just being realistic as no point in saying i want to be a size 12 , im just doing little steps and see how i go.

Me and my partner want to start a family and i want to look pregnant not just like a lump so that is my motivation at the mo.

xxx:happy:
  • OffKilter5150
    OffKilter5150 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so different in how and where they lose their weight. I don't drop a size until around 20 pounds loss, but I've known some that drop a size at 5.
  • jessy8787
    Options
    Well i looked on New looks website and i measured my waist and hips and it says i should be a 24 well i now for a fract they are way to big for me and a 22 fits just right but to get to my goal i need to loose 2 inch from waist and 4 inch from hips to get me to a inspire(newlook) 20 so my goal is to work on that area .

So what is the best and easyest way to work on my hips thighs and waist .

I do have a tread mill would jogging and walking be good ??

But it is is burried under loads of boxes in the back of the garage lol.

xxx:smile:
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    It does depend on which shop you go to; try M&S, their sizes are pleasingly massive! The shops aimed at younger women (e.g. New Look, H&M) seem to cut their sizes really small - I'm a 14 in most places but can't fit into a 16 in H&M.
  • LucySera
    LucySera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can only speak from personal experience, but it took me 21lbs to drop from a 'standard' size UK 18 to 16. However, the amount of weight loss needed to drop sizes became smaller as I got closer to goal. It only took 7lbs for me to drop from a size 10 to a size 8, and another 4 lbs for me to start having to wear about 50% size 6s (I've since gained some weight as this was too skinny!).

It balances out though, because weight seems to come off more easily at the beginning and losses slow down as you reach goal. It probably took me about the same amount of time to drop each dress size.