High Protein, Low Calorie Snack

Options
Hi,

I spend a lot of time in the office and when I get bored I tend to snack around mid morning. I've got some wholegrain rice crackers but they aren't the most filling. I'm looking for some high protein, low caorie snacks to fill me up and wondered if anyone had any tips?

Cheers

Replies

• 1977belle03
    Options
    Boiled eggs are pretty good and very filling.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I like plain non fat Greek yogurt mixed with blueberries. Also, hard boiled eggs are high protein and low calorie. Laughing Cow cheese wedges...low fat (NOT fat free cause it adds sugar) cottage cheese and strawberries...beef jerky...

That's all I can think of right now but I am sure there's lots more.
  • 1977belle03
    Options
    Just checked the calories of eggs - about 155 for 2 large sized eggs (pretty good) - Good luck =)
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    Hi,

I spend a lot of time in the office and when I get bored I tend to snack around mid morning. I've got some wholegrain rice crackers but they aren't the most filling. I'm looking for some high protein, low caorie snacks to fill me up and wondered if anyone had any tips?

Cheers

Hi when i fancy a snack i tend to go for a large handful mixed fruit and nuts
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    have a bigger breakfast? hummus and pitta bread or carrot sticks!
  • mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat kidney beans and chickpeas, just as they are. High protein, low cal - not the most exciting but good for you and can't do too much damage!

At the risk of sounding like a right hippie: I also sprout beans by soaking them overnight then leaving them in a colander. All you have to do is rinse them morning and night for a few days then you have super healthy salad ingredient that you've "grown" yourself. The vitimins increase dramatically when sprouted and you can eat them raw. YOu can also use them in salads and stir frys.
  • bronzehouse61
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that's really useful! Think I might have a trip to the supermarket and pick up a few bits and see what works. Good luck with reaching your goals and thanks again!
  • tallib
    tallib Posts: 13
    Options
    Atikins advantage break bars or brownie bars. The advantage bars are 130 cals, 2g carbs and 17g protein, the brownie bars are a little worse but taste gorgeous!