35lb down from 14st7 to 12st0, 100 days, My story so far!!

Options
rosie291289
rosie291289 Posts: 128 Member
My progress may not be a lot as of yet however I promised myself early on in this that I would post a success story at 100 days which I've reached today!!

So here is my story...

I have always been the bigger girl in our set of friends, and again in my family having fluctuated up and down as of being 17.

March the 13th 2014 I set my alarm as I did any other day, I woke up at 6.30am, got out my ipad, instead of reaching for the news or even facebook I went straight on an app called Hay Day, spending 10 minutes harvesting my crops and feeding the animals i realised i'd 15 minutes to fill my boat order and consequently beat myself up for not having woken up earlier to do some more cooking on my virtual farm. I even considered setting alarms in the middle of the night just so I could send my boat off (I never did!) I got up made my usual breakfast of 2 crumpets, smothered them in butter and plenty of grated cheese having no idea how much that day would change my life!
Half way through the day I decided I couldn't keep up the way I did with my farm, I checked it before I checked the news or my emails in the morning not to mention the alarms I was so close to setting, So I went on the app store so look for something more productive and I'm not sure how but I came across Myfitnesspal. within the 24 hours i'd logged the last few days, was mortified that i'd eaten so much and felt sick at what I had been doing to my body. I've logged everything every day since!

I got down to 10st6 from about 13st in 2012 after eating healthy and increasing exercise however I moved countries, gave up and piled it all back on again plus a lot more and by March this year I was 14st 7. A lot of my before pictures are between October and December 2013, I'm not sure if i was actually heavier than 14st7 then as I didn't weigh myself, They are from December because I stopped taking pictures as I hated the way I looked! Why would I take a photo of me ready in my dress when I’d look too fat in the photo to show anyone!?

100 days on, I've started a strength routine at the gym, I've ran a 5k and im running a 2nd this weekend (I couldn't run longer than 3 minutes before) I'm training for a 2 mile open water swim, i do zumba, I eat fruit and veg, I have a takeaway as a normal person would every few weeks, not every day! I don't feel like I've majorly changed my overall diet but for the last 4 years i'd gone through phases of eating kfc every day for weeks at a time, drinking only coca cola (even in the night and when I woke up) treating myself to a family bag of crisps once or twice a day, every day (with dips!) eating only chips with cheese or cheese sauce, eating NO fruit or veg for months at a time and doing no exercise.

I actually can't see a major difference in my pictures but I know 35lb down has to mean something and my clothes are all 1/2 sizes smaller than they were so happy days!

Happy 100th MFP heres to see what I can do in the next 100!

Pics to follow (minor glitch in sizing oops!!) x

Replies

• rosie291289
    Options
    3e62368a-aaab-410c-be1c-adbf1630b45a_zpsdce3dc8f.png

fe0ba60e-eaac-4d09-8158-0553c3a61072_zps5a4e80dc.png

88f9fa61-3ded-4f40-b44e-b370c07b1402_zps2cacb291.png

6152dd14-50f3-4471-9773-9015f4eff146_zpsde8a3711.jpg

Thanks to my MFP pals for your constant support :) Heres to the next 100 days!!

(Sorry about the "do I wear this cardigan face?" in one of the pics!!)
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!

I can see a massive difference in your before and after pics - you've changed shape but you also look happier and stronger!

Huge respect to you for changing your lifestyle and taking up the running and swimming challenges.

Stick with it girl, you're doing great!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :happy: :happy: :happy:

(and yes, I am posting this whilst watching Engurlund and drinking beer)
  • kiely32
    kiely32 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree^^^
    There is a huge difference in your pics!
    Fab work!!!
  • katiedoo82
    katiedoo82 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    wow... what a difference!!! well done!! im now at 14stone 7 and would love to be where you are now in 100 days time!! well done.. great achievement and commitment!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I can definitely ee a difference. Great job. Keep it up.
  • rosie291289
    Options
    Thankyou so much for all your kind words! They mean a lot :) xxx
  • rosie291289
    Options
    I forgot to mention aswell that I lost the first stone very quickly which I assume was water weight! (my sodium intake before this makes me cringe)

The rest of the journey I've lost 1.5lb to 2lb a week occasionally less.

X
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • rosie291289
    Options
    Thankyou, you're welcome :)x good luck with yours!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!