My 1st Herblife Week!

Options
Well, I am a very happy girl!

I started Herbalife last week and I had my first weigh-in meeting on Wednesday. I am so happy!

My body fat has reduced by 1.6%, I have gained 1kg which I was quite upset about as I am trying to LOSE weight.....however, I lost 1kg of fat and put on 2kg in muscle! I have lost 2.5 inches from my waist, stomach and hips.

As a result of this, I am more hydrated and my body can now take in more calories!

If the weeks keep going like this, I will be one ecstatic & lean/toned bride for February :D x

Replies

• Pippa_ttc
    Pippa_ttc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :huh: You put on 2 kg of muscle, in 1 week, while on herbalife? Hmm..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what exercise were you doing to gain 2kg of muscle in a week?
  • irNathaniel
    irNathaniel Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    LOL - Either your trolling, OR - your Herbalife counsellor is trolling you, Them things are a waste of time and money...

you can diet yourself, and find meal replacement drinks elsewhere without the price tag (and lies).

Sorry to be blunt.
  • siobhanclark93x
    siobhanclark93x Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been bulking up my protein and lifting 20kg daily, attending BodyPump and running/power walking every night.

I appreciate the scepticism, I was surprised myself. But how else can weight gain, fat loss and inch loss be explained other than muscle gain?

I thought this page was meant to be motivational as opposed to trying to undermine someones success, regardless of how it was obtained.....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I appreciate the scepticism, I was surprised myself. But how else can weight gain, fat loss and inch loss be explained other than muscle gain?

Water retention.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    200_s.gif
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    WOW! I mean, just wow. :huh:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    200_s.gif

This...always this...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Well, I am a very happy girl!

I started Herbalife last week and I had my first weigh-in meeting on Wednesday. I am so happy!

My body fat has reduced by 1.6%, I have gained 1kg which I was quite upset about as I am trying to LOSE weight.....however, I lost 1kg of fat and put on 2kg in muscle! I have lost 2.5 inches from my waist, stomach and hips.

As a result of this, I am more hydrated and my body can now take in more calories!

If the weeks keep going like this, I will be one ecstatic & lean/toned bride for February :D x
    O.K seeing as professional body builders who lift very heavy things have there diet finally tuned would be lucky to put on half a pound a month when competing this herbalife must be something really special why are they not all taking it?

I would suggest that what your using to calculate BF% and muscle is just a wee bit inaccurate maybe take look at that
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    I have been bulking up my protein and lifting 20kg daily, attending BodyPump and running/power walking every night.

I thought this page was meant to be motivational as opposed to trying to undermine someones success, regardless of how it was obtained.....
    The posts aren't to try to disappoint you, but to lead you correct knowledge and information.

It's entirely possible in the first week to lose and inch, and gain weight (due to muscle glycogen and water retention for rebuild and storage).
    Understand that muscle building (anabolic) and weight loss (catabolic) oppose each other and are almost impossible to run simutaneously.

Whomever gave you the information is exaggerating loss/gain. What WILL happen is if you stay in calorie deficit, you'll lose body fat and muscle will be more defined giving the "illusion" that one gained muscle when that really isn't the case.

As a professional in the business, I believe it's important to support people with correct information. You experience the first week, what most people will. It will taper down and results will slow, but just be consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    :huh: You put on 2 kg of muscle, in 1 week, while on herbalife? Hmm..

Nope just a change in hydration levels which skews results.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Water retention. Not muscle gain.

But keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm very familiar with Herbalife.

You probably stepped on this fancy scale and it told you all of this information right?

Yeah don't believe it. I've been there and done that. It was such a waste of time, and now I have 13 canisters still full of their shakes in my closet collecting dust.

My advice is to stop taking herbalife and start eating food, not drinking it. Eat at a deficit if you are trying to lose weight, or a surplus to gain muscle.

ETA: You should log the shakes and what you are consuming everyday. You will be surprised at how much you are actually consuming. I was only consuming around 900 calories when I did it.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    MAGIC.

r2mz0bR.gif
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    MAGIC.

r2mz0bR.gif

that is mesmerizing :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!