Metal music lovers!

Options

Replies

• Gatlen
    Gatlen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Damn, I knew metal was my preference but I'm actually kind of shocked of how many seemingly "normal" people love it as well, especially the ladies.

Been a metal head since I was about 12 years old. Brother had me obsessed with the old school thrash metal of the 80's (MOD, Anthrax, Suicidal Tendencies, Exodus, etc). As I grew older, I kept listening to my mainstays but grew to like death/black metal as well for the different nuances in each genre.

Lately, I've had Volbeat on constant repeat. Their mix of metal / rockabilly just works well for me on my long runs.
  • Natasha00123
    Natasha00123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love old metal!!
  • Gatlen
    Gatlen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lol mustget... I saw Pantera 4 times. Great fun!!!

Saw them 13 times, met Darrell twice. Sad that some whack job in my home state shot him. I still listen to Down all the time; seen them 4 times now. Phil has definitely toned down a lot since their heyday but his voice probably couldnt handle it much longer.
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Finally! An introduce yourself thread where I can feel right at home :D. I've been a metalhead since about the age of 14 (my dad told me it was a ridiculous phase that I'd grow out of by the time I was 16...I moved away from home and lost contact shortly after lol) Well guess what dad....I'm 42 this year and currently saving up for the Kilkim Zaibu festival in Lithuania in 2015 :D. My ipod is an eclectic mix of everything but metal makes up about 80% of it. A few favourites are Testament, Slayer, Motorhead, Candlemass, Deftones & Breed 77...............I reckon we should all get together and invest in a pure metal gym where all the walls are painted black and NO crappy dance or rap music is allowed EVER...(nothing drives me nuts more when I'm working lol) Anyone and everyone on this thread is more than welcome to add me by the way ! xx

When I was 16 my father in law told hubby and I that we wouldn't be listening to the same kind of music when we were closer to 47 then 17. He was right. We are 45 and listen to much more hardcore than the hair bands we loved in the 80s lol

I love teh idea of a metal gym. RAR!!!! \m/

I love this, because my dad said pretty much the same thing to me when I was 16. I also progressed to heavier stuff as I got older, though I must admit to just generally opening up to more and different types of music over the years.
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Damn, I knew metal was my preference but I'm actually kind of shocked of how many seemingly "normal" people love it as well, especially the ladies.

Been a metal head since I was about 12 years old. Brother had me obsessed with the old school thrash metal of the 80's (MOD, Anthrax, Suicidal Tendencies, Exodus, etc). As I grew older, I kept listening to my mainstays but grew to like death/black metal as well for the different nuances in each genre.

Lately, I've had Volbeat on constant repeat. Their mix of metal / rockabilly just works well for me on my long runs.

Suicidal is on constant rotation in my car since the hubs bought me the boxset for Christmas. Best present EVER!
  • Shokubeni
    Shokubeni Posts: 5
    Options
    I LOVE metal. I listen to it constantly. My favourite band are Dir en grey but on rotation at the moment are DevilDriver, Behemoth, Lamb of God, Dimmu Borgir, Gojira, TON, Rammstein etc. I'm also a fan of industrial, ebm and aggrotech. I go to as many gigs and festivals as possible. Off to Altfest in August!
  • catrockst3ady
    catrockst3ady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've literally been looking for thread about metal since I first realized there were message boards! (aka a month ago:tongue:)
    Metal is the only music that I find motivating, specifically Thrash; only thing with a beat fast enough to pedal to. Also, find some punk motivating, but not as much as bands like Evile, Revocation, or Havok.
    Feel free to add me!
  • helenta77
    helenta77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yep, absolutely!!! I love Tool, but Disturbed, Metallica and acdc are my workout choices atm.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr here :)
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    TOOL
    Rage Against the Machine
    Panteta
    Godsmack

Yeah I grew up in the 80's lol
    \mm/
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've literally been looking for thread about metal since I first realized there were message boards! (aka a month ago:tongue:)
    Metal is the only music that I find motivating, specifically Thrash; only thing with a beat fast enough to pedal to. Also, find some punk motivating, but not as much as bands like Evile, Revocation, or Havok.
    Feel free to add me!

I've seen Evile four times in the past three years, I love Evile, me!!
  • L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I play guitar for a band, wondering if you'd like to check us out...

www.stereokiller.com/plagueofhumanity
    www.facebook.com/plagueofhumanity

Thanks!
    Larry
  • kerrianne86
    kerrianne86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    Larry

Awesome stuff Larry!! I'll be adding some of your tunes to my workout playlist for sure!! Sounds very Korn/Lincoln Park orientated...
  • kerrianne86
    kerrianne86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    Larry

Awesome stuff Larry!! I'll be adding some of your tunes to my workout playlist for sure!! Sounds very Korn/Lincoln Park orientated...

Sorry btw if I interpreted it wrong :P
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Definitely a metalhead here. Have been since my teenage years! Metallica, Slayer, White Zombie, and of course, all the hair bands (god, I am getting old). Nowadays my faves have been Within Temptation, Theory of a Deadman, Seether (yumyum Shaun Morgan), Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, Buck Cherry.

My favorite thing to work out to is The Wrong Side of Heaven album by Five Finger. Makes lifting so much easier!

(I can't listen to anything Zombie while driving though....speeding tickets suck!!)
  • L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    Larry

wesome stuff Larry!! I'll be adding some of your tunes to my workout playlist for sure!! Sounds very Korn/Lincoln Park orientated...

Sorry btw if I interpreted it wrong :P

Nope, dead on. Heavy guitars with sequencing...glad you like it.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love my progressive metal!

Also like 80s metal lol Speed Metal. Grew up with that stuff, but now I like my metal a little more complex!
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty much into all things metal, from 80's hair metal to blackend death metal and everything in between
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    on the outside I'm a suburban mother of two. On the inside - metal! My absolute favorite is Tool, but I find them too hard to work out to with all the tempo changes.

Like someone else mentioned - I can't listen to much in the car because I don't realize how fast I'm going.

I've always felt when most songs come on the radio "you know, that's good, but it should be FASTER" The first time I heard One by Metallica I was like "now THAT song is fast enough!" Also love Rob Zombie and Rammstein.
  • garyhorder
    garyhorder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    www.tbfmonline.co.uk just saying im Dj Moshy peas show every tuesday 14:00 pm gmt :) or for previous mixcloud show http://www.mixcloud.com/DjMoshyPeas/ .... self promotion is a ***** lol