Monumental - iPhone app

Options
its an app, don't know how old. But it's fun, basically it has you climbing steps to get to the top of famous landmarks such as the leaning tower of pisa

Well worth a download if you want to do quick short bursts of cardio workouts and you have access to stairs!

:-)

Replies

• staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    is it avail on the blackberry do you know ?
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi,

I will download and have a look - it sounds like a fun app.

Speaking of stairs I once wondered how far up Mount Kilimanjaro I would have climbed when moving appartments. I basically had to move from a 2 floor appartment to a third floor, using only the stairs - I have a hoarding nature - particularly for books so I reckon I had about 150 boxes to move.

So for each box I had to climb 5 flights of stairs - each with approximately 12 steps = 60 steps per box

The height of each step was about 8 inches which meant that I climbed about 6000 feet upwards or 1/3 of a Kilimanjaro climb !

Needless to say I was totally exhausted after this move .......

Not the same as climbing a mountain but just something to prove I was mad to do it on my own !

Steve
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'll check it out thanks x
  • croftfoothen
    Options
    Thank you.....just saw your message about Monumental, so thought I would download it on my iPhone. It is really good. I just popped the phone in my jeans, and started climbing! What an ingenious app! :-)
  • willowglimmer
    Options
    OUCH!!!! Lol

Hi,

I will download and have a look - it sounds like a fun app.

Speaking of stairs I once wondered how far up Mount Kilimanjaro I would have climbed when moving appartments. I basically had to move from a 2 floor appartment to a third floor, using only the stairs - I have a hoarding nature - particularly for books so I reckon I had about 150 boxes to move.

So for each box I had to climb 5 flights of stairs - each with approximately 12 steps = 60 steps per box

The height of each step was about 8 inches which meant that I climbed about 6000 feet upwards or 1/3 of a Kilimanjaro climb !

Needless to say I was totally exhausted after this move .......

Not the same as climbing a mountain but just something to prove I was mad to do it on my own !

Steve
  • willowglimmer
    Options
    Going for the statue if liberty next, if my legs can take it!! Lol