Alarm Clock

Options
amandalc980
amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
I have recently found out that 5am is a real time! I don't like that time, but its when I wake up to get my first workout on for the day. I am not a morning person and am trying to find a good alarm that will wake me gradually based off my sleep patterns. I can find a bunch of apps and tools, but before purchasing I was hoping someone would have a recommendation of one they have used and love or any that you would not recommend?

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Called sleep as android. I like it so far.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Sleep Cycle alarm clock for iPhones. Best I've seen/used.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    5AM is a real time for me, that's when I get off of work.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Thank you I am going to check out those alarms.

Tootchute i believe you may be a vampire!!!
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm clock to wake me to the sound of ocean waves. nothing more peaceful tha that....
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have a Jawbone Up fitness tracker (which syncs with MFP). It can be set up to track your sleep patterns and wake you at around a specific time (up to 20 minutes before your alarm) if you're in a light sleep, but before you go into a deep sleep. It just buzzes against your wrist (it looks like a bracelet, and you wear it all the time - it's very like a fitbit) until you hit the 'off' button. I love it, and use it for my alarm clock on weekdays.
  • sunny_jimbob
    Options
    I use AlarmDroid with 3 separate alarms set up. The first is gentle music to stir me, the second music a little louder, then the third (which is set for actual get-up time) bleeps, and has a question that I have to answer before it will deactivate. Works really well!
  • detox_pixie
    detox_pixie Posts: 166
    Options
    I use a radio alarm clock on a low volume set to a cheesy love song station. At least once in a 30 minute block there will be a sufficiently cheesy song I can't listen to any more which will wake me up enough to care and turn it off.