Anyone tried Better 'n peanut butter?

Options
one of my friends said it was gross, just wondering if anyone else out there has tried and liked or disliked. thanks

Replies

• luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    one of my friends said it was gross, just wondering if anyone else out there has tried and liked or disliked. thanks
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    i liked it, it tastes like peanut butter frosting.... it has less calories but i ate it just as much!! (i was trying to find a healthier substitute because I eat pb non-stop....) Nice idea to try, expensive sort of. I really like Honey Soy-nut butter by I.M. Healthy as a pb substitute. and almond butter.
  • luvchi3
    Options
    Hmmm......i'll have to look into that honey soy nut, sounds good
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! Especially because I can eat a full 2 tbsp (love peanut butter) and half the calories and fat. If you're going to try it, I would suggest trying it on a sandwich or in oatmeal first to get used to the taste. It reminds me of almond butter actually. Not as creamy. It takes a little getting used to if you're in-love with the real fattening deal like I was, but I have to say it is so totally worth it. I have two jars in my house at all times so I never run out, and because I can't just pick it up at my local grocery store. All for me!!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I agree about the soynut butter.

Due to a peanut allergy in my home, I only buy Soynut butter. My daughter who is allergic won't touch it because it looks so much like PB but my youngest (3yrs) loves it! She eats a SNB sandwich almost everyday!

Oh, and I never tried better'n peanut butter. Sorry!

Good luck!
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    i REALLY like it.. especially since its like HALF the calories!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I love Naturally More Peanut Butter. Only 11g of fat per 2 Tablespoons w/ flax & flaxseed oil. It's delicious too!!

I have tried the PB2 powdered PB, and it's not bad mixed in things (like yogurt or oatmeal) but not so great when mixed w/ water to make real PB.

Jess (PB addict!)
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it.....and I really like the PB2 also....you can definitely tell a difference between PB2 and REAL peanut butter, but if it saves me that many calories and that much fat, YAHOO!!! I am okay with a similar alternative...
    Blessings!
    Kathey
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I personally thought it was gross, the only one I found was low sodium so maybe that had something to do with it.

I tried it on bread first too, I ended up wiping some of the PB off onto the plate haha.

Everybody is different tho! I think I'll stick with my crunchy PB from Great Value...:tongue:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i liked it, it tastes like peanut butter frosting.... it has less calories but i ate it just as much!! (i was trying to find a healthier substitute because I eat pb non-stop....) Nice idea to try, expensive sort of. I really like Honey Soy-nut butter by I.M. Healthy as a pb substitute. and almond butter.

i've also tried it.. and i must say, it was nowhere near the real thing.. and about the eating pb nonstop... so i'm not theonly one who goes to my fridge with a spoon at least once a day?
  • luvchi3
    Options
    Ok, i got some, it doesn't really taste a whole lot like peanut butter to me, i think i could get used to it though if i wanted to. does the soynut butter offer anything more than peanut butter since its in the same range of calories and fat as the reduced fat peanut butter is there any added benefit that it has