Tea or coffee???????

Im trying to do sum research into which is better for you while on a low calorie diet. I prefer coffee myself but im not talking loads of mugs just 3 for the day. So in your opinion which is better for you. Tea or coffee? ?I have

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Both have their benefits, neither really related to your diet though. Drink what you enjoy, rather than suffering through something you dislike just because it's good for you.
  • vicfzy
    vicfzy Posts: 32
    Thank you.
  • Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    Green tea is a wonder. Iced or hot. First thing in the a.m. and throughout the day if you fancy.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Both have their benefits, neither really related to your diet though. Drink what you enjoy, rather than suffering through something you dislike just because it's good for you.

Agree with this.

I drink my coffee black, so it's like 5 calories or something like that (per MFP). I also have green tea from time to time during the day. I enjoy them both, so I drink them both (though I drink coffee more than I drink tea).
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Im trying to do sum research into which is better for you while on a low calorie diet. I prefer coffee myself but im not talking loads of mugs just 3 for the day. So in your opinion which is better for you. Tea or coffee? ?I have

Tea or coffee? The one YOU like is the best for you. Mine's coffee, too (3-4 mugs/day for me, please :drinker: )

I tried tea in the past, 'cuz, you know, "people" say green tea and stuff is "miracle" weight loss helper. Nope, hot or cold, it's not for me.

Edit for clarity: I am NOT implying that green and herbal tea, etc. is a miracle (hence the quotes). Just that the innerwebz is full of that malarkey.
  • vicfzy
    vicfzy Posts: 32
    Thanks all. I just love my coffee
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Both. I used to drink coffee during high school and just after, but just before my 20th birthday I quit it cold turkey. Now I mostly drink low to non-caffeinated teas. I have several I really love :)
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    I refuse to give up my coffee or my cream and sugar with it so I fit it into my calories for the day.

In the winter I like to have an occasional cup of hot tea with sugar; again, I just fit it in.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

Agree with this.

I drink my coffee black, so it's like 5 calories or something like that (per MFP). I also have green tea from time to time during the day. I enjoy them both, so I drink them both (though I drink coffee more than I drink tea).

this.

I drink both- typically coffee in the AM- and tea in the PM (I like to have it with my ice cream for some reason- don't know why- just do!)