Glasses or contacts

Options
candykay0605
candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
I'm new to having either contacts or glasses! I would like opinions on how I look in both! Thanks

Replies

• fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    contacts
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Contacts
  • mattn72
    mattn72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think you look great in either. I went with glasses and often think about switching.
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Also, I've had LASIK and am so glad I did. Contacts can get painful when dry and t sucks when they move around and your vision is blurred :/
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, my vision isnt bad at all yet . the eye dr said he wouldnt recommend lasic yet but I really dont know if I will ever get used to glasses or contacts
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I think you should buy a monocle.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I had lasik in 2005. Best money I have ever spent.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Love glasses. At $7 per pair, I have a look for every outfit ;)

http://www.zennioptical.com/
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    The glasses look good on you.

My preference are eyeglasses (putting something in my eyeball just freaks me out). I also tend to wear glasses as accessories.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think the frames are cute, OP, but maybe not ideal for your face. They seem to overwhelm your face and coloring a little bit.

Do you already own those?

It also may just be the angle of the photo. I really hope you don't take that comment badly. They don't look bad on you but I just think maybe something a bit more narrow would flatter your features more.

I love having both contacts and glasses, for versatility.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Glasses. I refuse to touch my eyeball. I have had glasses since I was 7 and I have never even tried contacts.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    If you get contacts you'll still want glasses. Sleeping in your contacts is bad form.

I've worn glasses since I was 8 and contacts since 13.

I recommend Daily contacts for ease of use.

Contacts are great for:
    Looking like you (no glasses)
    Water Activities
    Working out (to avoid annoying glasses bounce)
    Anytime you're going to need sunglasses (b/c prescription sunglasses are more expensive).

Glasses are great for:
    Allergy season
    Looking smart/sophisticated
    Letting your eyes breathe after a day of contacts
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I had lasik in 2005. Best money I have ever spent.

This.

Does your doctor perform lasik? Your vision doesn't need to be "bad" necessarily to get it. Mine wasn't anyway. It might be that he doesn't want to give up the income stream that comes from glasses and contacts.
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did laser correction around 8 years ago. If that is an option for you I highly suggest it. I could not stand the feeling of contacts so I would choose glasses as long as they don't interfere with your routine/lifestyle.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You look great in both! I always have both so that I can change up my look. Plus, contacts, for me, are a necessity for working out. I hate when my glasses slide down my sweaty face, lol.

I agree with the folks about Lasik. If I could, I would. I have a couple of friends who have had it and love the freedom from eyewear they now have!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    if they're new, I'd say it depends on vision. If you BARELY need correction, I'd go with glasses.

Contacts are a pain, but they allow you to see pretty much how you did before correction, glasses will distort things you aren't focusing on. If you can reasonably see without correction, the glasses when you need them aren't going to be a major problem and worth it over dealing with the discomfort of contacts.

JMHO from someone who has had coke bottles, contacts, and then lasik to normal vision.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I prefer contacts... I think I see things clearer with them... but I am super blind...
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    contacts, but the best option is Lasik
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I prefer glasses. I found contacts uncomfortable the longer I had them in so I stopped wearing them.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    if they're new, I'd say it depends on vision. If you BARELY need correction, I'd go with glasses.

^ Agree with this.