P90X3 doubling up?

Options
tdelam
tdelam Posts: 48 Member
Hi,

I was thinking of doubling up P90X3; morning and then evening. Any thoughts around if this is a good idea or a bad idea? I've been slacking a lot the past few months, I need a big boost to get over this hurdle and this feels like the way to do it but I don't want to burn out and I certainly don't want to hurt myself either.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Trevor

Replies

• LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I would say its a bad idea, you'll burn out quickly. If you are working hard enough, you don't need to workouts a day
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    If you've been slacking for a few months, start slow. Build up the HABIT. Only then begin to do more work, if you feel that you still need it. It's pointless to work yourself in a frenzy for half a week and then go back into a month or two of near-hibernation.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    It depends. I think doing one of the strength workouts and maybe the yoga or pilates would be okay. I wouldn't do 2 strength in one day. I know they are only 30 minutes, but if you're doing them right, one is enough. I would try increasing your weights if one workout doesn't feel like enough. You could always add a little cardio.

I usually don't give any advice because I pretty much know nothing, but I do P90X3, and sometimes it doesn't feel like much. Today, my doms would disagree.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    for my cardio, for about 2 months i did p90x plyometrics twice a day every day, for my cardio (i didn't like the other videos i lifted at the gym instead) and it felt good for a while but i started to feel like i was over training my legs, and it just didn't seem like a good long term solution.
  • tdelam
    tdelam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, good idea on the cardio, that's what I would like to do.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm about half way through it myself. You could probably do one of the cardio or yoga/stretching DVDs in the evening. I agree with the other poster who said to be careful of doubling up on the strength. Have you looked at the double's schedule? That might give you good pairing options. Personally, I've wanted more than a 30 min. workout, so I've just been adding running to the workout before or after. Some days it's more walking, some days it's mostly running and other days I'll do intervals. I have a Fitbit too, so this helps with keeping my step total up--because it's all about being at the top of the Fitbit friends list. :wink:
  • wonderbeard101
    wonderbeard101 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Doing two a days doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to improve twice as fast. Try working harder rather than working more. If P90x isn't enough of a challenge for you, you should probably find something else.
  • wonderbeard101
    wonderbeard101 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Doing two a days doesn't neccesarily mean that you're going to improve twice as fast. Try working harder rather than working more. If P90x isn't enough of a challenge for you, you should probably find something else.
  • paragme
    Options
    Instead of doubling, you can follow original P90x since you have the time ? Possibly even P90x doubles plan which adds Cardio and resistance in the same day. However it will require lot of commitment and it's lot of hard work! But that plan should work 100%
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you can do the P90X3 'doubles' routine... but you are supposed to do the 2 workouts together as far as i know.

why not do a round of classic first and then decide if you havent done much exercise for a while.
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    OP what are your goals?