Sudden weight loss

Options
Hi,

First off, please ignore my ridiculous username - someone else set this up for me with an odd sense of humour :p

My husband and I are both using this website and have different calorie allowances. We have been losing weight at similar rates. My Husband has lost about 4 pounds in 9 days and I've lost 3.6 pounds in 9 days (might be a bit high?). The thing is, yesterday, we both ate our calorie limit as normal - I went over by 30 - didn't do any exercise, and both of us lost about a pound overnight all of a sudden. It's not the scales, I can feel it, everywhere (on previous diets I lost a pound a day. It feels awful) - and we do measure bodyfat, too, and lost more of that than usual.

I'm utterly confused, can anyone help?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    First, I like your username. I think it's cute. :flowerforyou:

Second, I wouldn't worry too much about one weight in. Bodies are weird. Because of the way our water weight fluctuates as well as changes in the amount of food and waste in our system, weight loss is never going to be linear. There are going to be random up weeks and down weeks that don't make any sense, even if you're tracking everything perfectly.

And I also wouldn't worry if your weight loss is high in the first couple of weeks. People tend to lose a lot of water weight when they start dieting (less sodium, fewer carbs, less food in general) which leads to big early losses. It should slow down to 1-2 pounds per week as you go forward.
  • musicalbeastie
    Options
    That explains my early weight loss. I've lost 5 pounds in less than 2 weeks and can really tell. I look and feel less puffy.
  • lucygoesrawr
    lucygoesrawr Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oh, okay. That's relieving :) Thanks
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi,

First off, please ignore my ridiculous username - someone else set this up for me with an odd sense of humour :p

The only reason I clicked on this thread is because of your username! LoL
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just had to say..my name is Lucy and I comment Rawr at least once a day so that made me laugh :) nothing else to add as you have received good advice :)

...rawr