Data Base

Options
cddgirl
cddgirl Posts: 7 Member
Hi, I'm new and trying to figure how MFP works. Using the website is fine, but I cannot access the data base via my ipad or iphone. A major problem for logging away from home. I see the search box and icon but the only thing the search feature seems to recognize are foods I've entered myself and no data base info. MFP does allow data base access through apps doesn't it?

Do I have a setting wrong?

Replies

• smileypeaches
    smileypeaches Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It will always pull up the recent food list at first. Once you actually type in the search box and press search it should pull up things that match in the data base. I do it from my app all the time.
  • cddgirl
    Options
    When I get to enter food in the search box it starts to quick fill based on my "recent", but when I'm trying to add something from the database that's not in my recent list, it just says "no results found in recent". I'm thinking there might be a setting that's wrong but have looked everywhere I can think and . .. . nothing.

I haven't accepted "push notifications" but I don't think that it . . . is it?
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    When I get to enter food in the search box it starts to quick fill based on my "recent", but when I'm trying to add something from the database that's not in my recent list, it just says "no results found in recent". I'm thinking there might be a setting that's wrong but have looked everywhere I can think and . .. . nothing.

I haven't accepted "push notifications" but I don't think that it . . . is it?

You need to hit the "search" button or press enter to cue it to search the database instead of recent foods.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Do you have an internet connection?
  • cddgirl
    Options
    I'm embarrassed . . . :-0

I was in the search box, typed in something I don't eat to see if it would find it . . . "pop tarts" and it immediately said not found in my recents. What I didn't do was hit "enter" . . . . thinking it was gonna quick fill.

So, thank you for the redirect!

Hangs head in embarrassment and exits. Lol!
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Logging food means never having to be embarrassed. :)
  • cddgirl
    Options
    Lol!