Food Choice Option - Panda Express

Options
linztx
linztx Posts: 101 Member
Okay, so I posted this question, on my news feed, and the majority response was to just enjoy it and not stress over this, HOWEVER, it really doesn't answer which is the BEST OPTION. Regardless, I will enjoy it, but I want it to still be the healthiest, most beneficiary choice in this given restaurant. Also, I will NOT be in the gym today, but I will balance the rest of my day accordingly.

I have a question!! Help! Okay, so, we are being treated to Panda Express today; by far not the BEST choice due to the Sodium Intake each dish has.... I am going to eat the Kung Pao Chicken which is 240 Calories, 13 Carbs, 15g Protein, 18G Fat, and a whoppng (gasp) 910 mg for sodium! My option for side, is where I am confused... The option is Brown steamed rice for 420 Calories, 86g Carbs, 9g Protein and 15mg Sodium.... or there is white steamed rice for 380 Calories, 87carbs, 7g Protein, and 0 Sodium --- Or LAST but not least, I have 90 Second Whole Grain Brown Rice which is 220 Calories, 44g Carbs, 4g Protein, and 160mg Sodium! I know each has different opinion, but in this case, WHICH rice option is the BEST for today?

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Whichever one tastes best and allows you to stay within your calorie/macro goal for the day.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    med_bump.gif
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Seriously, either of the three rices will work for you.
    You did a great job selecting the entree.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Maybe forego the side? If it was me, I would probably double up on the main course (sodium be damned :) and forget the rice etc. I just like having more protein and veggies versus rice which doesn't seem to sustain me at all. But if were to make a recommendation, I'd say go with the whole grain brown rice. It's healthy, calories are reasonable, and it makes a good bed for the Kung Pao.

Don't worry too much about the sodium. It's just one meal/one day.
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you order a bowl they will let you get 2 half sides. So I usually get 1/2 chow mien and 1/2 steamed veggies or 1/2 brown rice and 1/2 steamed veggies.

I guess the best option would be just to do steamed veggies as the side
  • linztx
    Options
    If you order a bowl they will let you get 2 half sides. So I usually get 1/2 chow mien and 1/2 steamed veggies or 1/2 brown rice and 1/2 steamed veggies.

I guess the best option would be just to do steamed veggies as the side

I just realized their calculation I listed was for full; which is 2 servings. I am going to do the 1/2 veggies 1/2 brown rice. I am tasting it already! lol
  • linztx
    Options
    Maybe forego the side? If it was me, I would probably double up on the main course (sodium be damned :) and forget the rice etc. I just like having more protein and veggies versus rice which doesn't seem to sustain me at all. But if were to make a recommendation, I'd say go with the whole grain brown rice. It's healthy, calories are reasonable, and it makes a good bed for the Kung Pao.

Don't worry too much about the sodium. It's just one meal/one day.

Thank you! I loveeee the protein too. Good alternative.