SWEET POTATOE FRENCH FRIES

Options
dvdlover
dvdlover Posts: 719 Member
3 SWEET POTATOES PEELED
CONFECTIONER SUGAR

CUT POTATOES TO 1 INCH STRIPS COVER WITH COLD SALTED WATER SOAK FOR 30 MINS DRAIN ANDDRY WITH PAPPER TOWEL OR TERRY DISH TOWEL FRY IN DEEP OIL ............SPRINKLE WITH CONFECTIONER SUGAR......ENJOY

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jim, had these at a fair and were wonderful. Thanks for sharing..I have also sprinkled with olive oil and baked. Either way wonderful..
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe for sweet potatoes with a kick

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cajun-style-baked-sweet-potato/

plus they are baked so a little more calorie friendly.
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Nothing quite beats a crispy sweet potato fry.... It's grilling season though.... I take a sweet potato peel it (just seems better IMO) and depending on size (smaller lengthwise, larger crosswise) slice in pieces roughly 1/4" thick. Place in bowl, ziplock bag (my preference) etc. add some olive oil and your favorite seasoning, stir, mix etc then grill. On occasion I can get it just right.... crispy outside with nice grill marks with the soft inside.

Use to use regular potato's this way rather than baking them on the grill, and tried the sweet potato's. Turned out just as good!
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i personally like to bake mine whole, then add 33g almond butter and cinnamon to the baked sweet potato. so yummy. as for fries, love love love them!!!!! mix a little stevia and cinnamon and sprinkle over them while still hot.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    It's so difficult to get sweet potatoes crispy. I would rather just mash them. They're even better cooked in chunks on the grill so they have the smoky flavor, then mashed with bacon and chipotles. YUM!!