I have tried EVERYTHING

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for that post from someone talking about how they managed to lose weight, get the body they always wanted in the end and keep the weight off from a 1200 calorie diet. Still waiting.

I started on here at 1200, but that still set off the starve/binge cycle. Didn't actually lose weight until I increased to 1600 (and started lifting).

Yup, I started at 1200 too, (although to be honest, even at the time I didn't really plan on sticking to it). I lasted about two weeks before I bit my husband's head off for something stupid. I immediately drove to the store and bought myself some sushi, and upped my calories to 1800, then to 2,000 a month after that, then to 2300 a few months later....... yea 1,200 calories:
    49264-Nope-gif-qo2U.gif

I did too and lots of cardio...So glad I learned from all you meanies to eat more and pick up the heavy things. :laugh: :laugh:
  • golf4g
    golf4g Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post that info. I've done many of the fad diets too! My mother took me to our family Doctor when I was 12 years old because she thought I should lose weight. I ended up taking speed for two years……… Now, I'm over 60 and really chubby BUT not giving up. Have found great strength using MFP and eliminating as much sugar as possible.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for that post from someone talking about how they managed to lose weight, get the body they always wanted in the end and keep the weight off from a 1200 calorie diet. Still waiting.

I started on here at 1200, but that still set off the starve/binge cycle. Didn't actually lose weight until I increased to 1600 (and started lifting).

Yup, I started at 1200 too, (although to be honest, even at the time I didn't really plan on sticking to it). I lasted about two weeks before I bit my husband's head off for something stupid. I immediately drove to the store and bought myself some sushi, and upped my calories to 1800, then to 2,000 a month after that, then to 2300 a few months later....... yea 1,200 calories:
    49264-Nope-gif-qo2U.gif

I did too and lots of cardio...So glad I learned from all you meanies to eat more and pick up the heavy things. :laugh: :laugh:

I was here before the meanies really started speaking up. I was 100% dedicated to 1200 calories, 6 meals, clean eating and cardio for the first few months. It took reading an interview of a few fitness models to convince me to do things different. Increase calories, increased protein, started lifting, started eating treats from time to time, started getting results.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

49264-Nope-gif-qo2U.gif

The odd part for me is, I already knew that's what I *should* be doing, but I just thought, well this low cal stuff is what everybody else does so maybe I should give it a try? That's what I get for succumbing to internet peer pressure!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

picard-star-trek-sarcastic-clapping-TNG-1358957943w.gif
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I love you so much. You have put yourself out there on MFP for the benefit of others more times than I can count.

:blushing: Just trying to help at least one person. If I can help one person it's all worth it.

Consider your goal met... and that was me :) Former Army (medical)... I didn't gain weight until after (thyroid).. when I came here in 2010 I fell into the 1200 a day (BUT.. I did eat ALL my exercise calories back but did nothing but cardio)...

I found the thread in October with the women who lift and their results... Yours was one of them :) While I will do it to competition level, I will continue to lift and transform myself... so from me TY :) annnnndddd

HUAH! :bigsmile:
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Awesome post! Thank you.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I love you so much. You have put yourself out there on MFP for the benefit of others more times than I can count.

:blushing: Just trying to help at least one person. If I can help one person it's all worth it.

Consider your goal met... and that was me :) Former Army (medical)... I didn't gain weight until after (thyroid).. when I came here in 2010 I fell into the 1200 a day (BUT.. I did eat ALL my exercise calories back but did nothing but cardio)...

I found the thread in October with the women who lift and their results... Yours was one of them :) While I will do it to competition level, I will continue to lift and transform myself... so from me TY :) annnnndddd

HUAH! :bigsmile:

WOOHOO!!!! Goal met! Now I can set a new one to help another person :wink: :laugh:

Oorah!
  • clambert1273
    Options
    I meant wont.... WON't do competition level....

*checks to make sure keyboard can type correctly** :grumble:
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    This is desperately needed on the forums. Thank you!! You're too awesome :drinker:

tumblr_m7sz3j8uiM1rn95k2o1_500.gif
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have finally stepped away from the 1200 calories and not eating back excercise calories...and surprise! I am losing weight and feeling so much better It only took like 20 years...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

49264-Nope-gif-qo2U.gif

I was here before the meanies really started speaking up. I was 100% dedicated to 1200 calories, 6 meals, clean eating and cardio for the first few months. It took reading an interview of a few fitness models to convince me to do things different. Increase calories, increased protein, started lifting, started eating treats from time to time, started getting results.

Back in 2010 when I FIRST got on here, I was in the middle of a deployment, and it was like competition to see who could lose the most weight while being in the desert. Of COURSE I did 1200 calories, attended the P90X classes at the gym, etc., etc...

That is until I ended up in our little combat clinic for dehydration and low blood sugar one day. :embarassed: :sick:
  • usmcmp
    Options
    A+
    Gold Star!

I just don't get why people fall for all these dumb fads.

I was one of them. I would do anything to lose weight, except eat right and exercise.
  • clambert1273
    Options

49264-Nope-gif-qo2U.gif

Back in 2010 when I FIRST got on here, I was in the middle of a deployment, and it was like competition to see who could lose the most weight while being in the desert. Of COURSE I did 1200 calories, attended the P90X classes at the gym, etc., etc...

That is until I ended up in our little combat clinic for dehydration and low blood sugar one day. :embarassed: :sick:

While I was active duty - I was small... like really really small - had to go in service on underweight waiver so I was one of the lucky ones in bootcamp that got cake/cookies/soda (basically whatever I wanted)

I laughed at the combat clinic because I was sent one time on "Wood cutting detail" - yeah call me Army volunteered - so I went and about 3 hours in I passed out cold on the ground... Combat medic comes rushing up readying the needle for an IV (so let's just say I don't like needles) and I started screaming at him... He was like "you must be dehydrated" and I told him " No you idiot I am pregnant and hungry" LOL He brought me an apple lol

Combat medics love their damn IV's lol
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    LOL. I really have to bite my tongue every time a woman try to convince me to try Isagenix. It is NOT a miracle weightloss product! If it was you wouldnt be having to start another program! You wouldn't still be morbidly overweight and still struggling with your diabetes! Those shakes do not work! Yes, you might lose a few lbs- but did you really lose them? Because it looks to me like they found you again. :wink:
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Great post! I also fell for all the fads to lose the last few lbs I wanted to lose, like I thought it was some magical concept. All the girl fitness magazines told me to eat 1200 calories, lift light weights with high reps, and cardio cardio cardio. After stalking the MFP forums and reading some real fitness articles, I upped my calories and picked up heavy weights. What do you know, those last few pounds came off and I'm getting the "toned" look I've been looking for.

I hope everyone sees this post!
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

I started off with a 1300 goal and managed to not be starving and lost weight - BUT, I ate nothing "bad" for me during taht period, tons of protein and fat to keep me full AND I am only 5'1" and in my 40s.

That being said, it only took me about 2 months to change to 1400ish or so and eventually I settled on 1500. Cause I can lose faster with no treats - but why?? I want this to be doable forever :happy:

So, thanks for this post :drinker: :heart:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    05-BILL-MURRAY-CLAPPING.gif

As a lurker I really appreciate all of the knowledgeable and common sense posts you put up.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Very good and helpful post!

When you ladies talk about eating 1400+ cals do you mean net cals?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I love when you post. Excellent, now if people would just read it.

they won't.