Motivated!

Options
cddgirl
cddgirl Posts: 7 Member
Now that I'm up and running (thank you MFP community), I've synched my FitBit and think this is a really cool app. I've only got that pesky last 7-8 pounds to go but those are enough to make my clothes not fit well and I want them gone!

While I was monkeying around with the set up, I went over to "Lose It" to check it out too. Lose It is telling me I can eat about 1500 calories per day and MFP is telling me to eat 1200.

I'm so tired of Weight Watchers. I've done the Core Program where you don't count which I like, but I'm so tired of the basic food selections that I thought I'd give this a try, but 1200 calories doesn't seem like much. Guess I'm not use to counting calories. ;-}

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Read that link and make sure you selected an approprate speed for your weight loss. Most people who are given the 1200 calorie goal selected to lose the weight too aggressively.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you like - you've got to eat enough to fuel your body! 1200 is too low...I set mine to 1200 and then aim for 1726. Usually with the fitbit sync, I'm still under once it adds my activity level.
  • cddgirl
    Options
    I put in losing 1 lb per week! But I think MFP might be making adjustments because I've linked my FitBit???

" You're using Fitbit to measure your actual activity level throughout the day.

To accurately reflect any extra calories you're burning, we use this data to adjust your daily MyFitnessPal calorie goal.

This is how we calculate your calorie adjustment:
    Fitbit Calories Burned
    Full Day Projection
    (Based on 753 calories burned as of 1:34 pm) 1445
    MyFitnessPal Calories Burned
    Fitbit Calorie Adjustment
    Your adjustment has been reduced to keep your goal above our 1200 calorie minimum 0 "

So it looks like 1200 is as low as you can go. Hmmm. . . . . I have not burned 753 calories today . . . for sure!!
  • ckilgore4
    ckilgore4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be careful, the Fitbit will add back calories you could consume to the MFP daily count. As your steps increase so do the extra calories you can eat which gets added to the 1200 already there. I have a Fibit too, and I love it. I try to ignore those added calories unless I'm needing a chocolate fix really bad.. Good Luck
  • cddgirl
    Options
    I think I see how this works. I get 1200 calories and if I exercise I get more like 1500, which is more what I am accustomed to. Looks like I don't get any fitbit points unless I'm over a certain amount of steps. Kinda double dipping for me because I wear my fitbit while I exercise. So I will probably always leave those calories "in the bank", unless (like you say), I need chocolate.

I feel better about the 1200 calories now that I know exercise will increase my allowed calories. Kinda of sneaky way to make sure I exercise, eh? But I like it! :-)