Why doesn't strength training log any calories burned?

Options
Strength training is a large part of my fitness routine. Does anyone know why myfitnesspal doesn't log your calories burned for that? It doesn't look like the workout was even completed! Thanks!

Replies

• PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to calculate the calories burned for strength training, but you can log it under the cardio section to get a rough estimate.
  • HeatherHHK
    HeatherHHK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response!
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to calculate the calories burned for strength training, but you can log it under the cardio section to get a rough estimate.

Yeah this. It's too hard to calculate it because everyone's body handles it differently.

Used to bother me but now it doesn't. As long as you know you've worked out, the info doesn't need to be there for anybody else.
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Strength training is a large part of my fitness routine. Does anyone know why myfitnesspal doesn't log your calories burned for that? It doesn't look like the workout was even completed! Thanks!

It is individual for everyone. You can get an HRM to track calories burned incorporate some cardio in while strength training to maximize calorie burn. The estimates in the MFP database tend to be way off so use at your own free will.