in need of help with Nutrion Facts

Options
Typically in the mornings i order breakfast from my work cafeteria. I'm not sure what the nutrition facts are and i was hoping someone may be able to help?

eggwhite omelet (3 tbs) with ham (1.5 tbs), green peppers (1 tbs) and spinach (about one loose handful)

sometimes i'll have onions (1tbs) instead of spinach

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Put the ingredients into the database and it will tell you. That's what its for. though that really doesn't sound like much food
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    tbs? Does that mean tablespoons? 3 tablespoons of omelet??
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Put the ingredients into the database and it will tell you. That's what its for. though that really doesn't sound like much food

The conversion for substituting other stuff for eggs in recipes is 1 egg = 2 tbsp of replacement. Assuming the same applies (disclaimer - I don't know, I just eat whole eggs), 3 tbs is about 1.5 eggs. Still not much, though, in my opinion (especially considering that most of everything is in the yolk, including the calories), but might help with the visualization.
  • low_esteem23
    low_esteem23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    tbs? Does that mean tablespoons? 3 tablespoons of omelet??

yes, sorry i'm a bit distracted wishing it was the end of the work day!
  • low_esteem23
    Options

I tried searching for it in the database but there weren't any prior postings of the same ingredients. :ohwell: which is why i'm asking for help
  • low_esteem23
    Options

The conversion for substituting other stuff for eggs in recipes is 1 egg = 2 tbsp of replacement. Assuming the same applies (disclaimer - I don't know, I just eat whole eggs), 3 tbs is about 1.5 eggs. Still not much, though, in my opinion (especially considering that most of everything is in the yolk, including the calories), but might help with the visualization.

it's actually more than it seems as the eggwhites spread out a lot. the omelet ends up taking up most of the plate. it's also not the only thing i eat at breakfast :smile:
  • mirmys
    mirmys Posts: 1
    Options
    Put the individual ingredients into the food calorie counter....egg white, peppers, ham, etc.
  • low_esteem23
    Options
    Put the individual ingredients into the food calorie counter....egg white, peppers, ham, etc.
    where can i find that? sorry i'm new to this site and trying to keep track of things in general
  • bab5girl
    bab5girl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go to Food - Recipes - click on Enter new recipe under Old Recipe Calculator on the right side of the screen. There you can put in a name for your recipe, the number of servings, then enter the ingredients one by one. It will take you to the database to select ingredients, then when you put them all in you'll have the nutritional info for the combination. Click on save and you can use it in your food diary.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Search for "eggwhite omelet" in the database. I got tons of results. Add that, then search for ham, and add that, etc.
  • low_esteem23
    Options
    thanks!!!