Alli - weight loss pills

Options
has anyone tried the Alli weight loss pills (www.myalli.com) ? I am curious about how they work and any side effects.

Replies

• jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have friends who have used it. It is ment to be good unless you slip up and then your insides decide to eject it very very quickly !
  • dindivt
    dindivt Posts: 21
    Options
    Ive been wondering the same thing, all the commercials make it seem like they are helpful but I am wondering about side effects.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Afriend told me she had to bring an extra pair of pants with her everywhere she went...just "in case" umm sounded like a super laxative if you ask me.
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    you have to eat a very low fat diet. I've heard of cramping, vommiting, exhaustion. I think that this site will help you more than any wight loss pill can. I was reading in shape i think it was that if a diet pill works it actually does more harm than good to your body. Hope that helps:) btw i started less than 3 months ago on this site and have lost 40lbs by just trying to stay under my calorie goal and exercise so this site works wonders!
  • claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them but they work by blocking the absorption of fat in the intestine so one of the biggest side effects are fatty stools and gas. The biggest thing I've heard is that you end up gaining it all back as soon as you stop since you immediately start absorbing all the fat again in your food.
  • lmalma
    lmalma Posts: 5
    Options
    I took them for 3 days. I had no negative side effects but let me tell you... If you eat any fat or grease, it will come out immediately! Be near a bathroom at all times! It will def help you to realize how much grease you put in your system!
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    FYI, I just read in a magazine (maybe Prevention?) that Alli & another weight loss product (can't remember the name) have been linked to liver issues. Not sure how true that is but thought I'd pass it along.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I took them for awhile, and never had an issue with gas, restroom emergencies, etc., but I followed the plan. That said, I've found MFP and calories in/ calories out works better for me!
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    that sounds a bit freaky, if you ask me. I don't think i am willing to take a pill that would make me crap my pants. oh my!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I used it, and also had some issues if I ate the least bit of fat/greasy food. Was not pleasent, so I stopped taking them after 2 weeks, because I could easier control my food through calorie counting! Everyone's bodies work differently tho...
  • bikernanny
    Options
    I tried it and they work...The only thing I didn't like about it was even when you ate very little to no fat at all, your stomach continually makes these rolling noises all day long! I have to sit in meetings at work quite often and it can be rather embarrassing when your stomach growls all during the meeting...
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Ahhh thats why the commercial says for every 2lbs you loose Ali will make you loose 1 more, all in poop! Thanks for the FYI guys, I was curious.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everybody else, but I didn't have ANY side effects whatsoever. Even when I accidentally took it before I decided to have a "cheat meal," I still didn't have any problems. I really liked alli, and I honestly believe that it helped the weight come off even quicker.

EDIT: No, I haven't gained it all back as someone has mentioned earlier, and I've haven't used alli in a few months. I just wanted to say that if you really follow the instructions, it should work and you should have no problems with treatment effects. Your supposed to have an average of 15 grams of fat per MEAL. That means anywhere from 0-18 grams of fat should be fine. Follow the directions, don't fool yourself and take one with every meal pretending the fat grams don't matter. Of course you're going to get side effects if you eat more than the recommended amount. That fat has to go somewhere!! (It only proves that it actually works too.) It's almost like an incentive; don't eat that dessert because you might have a treatment side effect. :)
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i tried them and followed the plan with maybe two slip ups that really werent even that fatty---I basically had oily diarhea!! it was disgusting and at the end of thirty days i had no change in weight at all!!! I would not waste your money!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Do it naturally! Anything that you put into your body to make you lose weight is only doing something you can do all on your own, with out pooping your pants.

Does that sound right???? You will lose weight but likely poop your pants???:noway:

Eat a good sound diet of fruit, veggies and lean meats and fish. Exercise everyday. You will lose weight and learn a new lifestyle in the meantime.

WIll it take a bit longer? Yes! But think of all the time you will save running to the bathroom or excusing yourself in business meetings because you thought it was a fart. :laugh: :laugh: (ok, I am done...:bigsmile: )
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everybody else, but I didn't have ANY side effects whatsoever. Even when I accidentally took it before I decided to have a "cheat meal," I still didn't have any problems. I really liked alli, and I honestly believe that it helped the weight come off even quicker.

EDIT: No, I haven't gained it all back as someone has mentioned earlier, and I've haven't used alli in a few months. I just wanted to say that if you really follow the instructions, it should work and you should have no problems with treatment effects. Your supposed to have an average of 15 grams of fat per MEAL. That means anywhere from 0-18 grams of fat should be fine. Follow the directions, don't fool yourself and take one with every meal pretending the fat grams don't matter. Of course you're going to get side effects if you eat more than the recommended amount. That fat has to go somewhere!! (It only proves that it actually works too.) It's almost like an incentive; don't eat that dessert because you might have a treatment side effect. :)

Awesome 108 lbs lost!! WOOT WOOT!!

I would be cha a dolla you would have lost that weight without ALLI as you seem to be the type of person who ate well, exercised more and lost weight!

Keep up the good work you look great!
  • debbond64
    debbond64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The doctor recommended them to my sister and she said they helped. I know they were too expensive for me to try myself.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    that sounds a bit freaky, if you ask me. I don't think i am willing to take a pill that would make me crap my pants. oh my!

Have you considered doing some research about this product on your own?
  • gonnabeHOT_Heidi
    gonnabeHOT_Heidi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I took Alli last year... i lost 10 pounds, I didnt have the problem with almost crapping my pants, LOL... if i did eat something greasy though it would come out pretty quickly but the point of the pill is to eat low-fat/no fat sooo in all reality if you can mentally do that without the pill you will be in the same boat as if you took the pill and ate the same good food. if that makes sense.