20lb weight loss success stories

Options
2»

Replies

• kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I lost 33 pounds a couple of years ago (from 155 to 122) and went from a size 8 to a 0/00. I had to buy "temporary" clothes and have things altered at about the half-way mark, then I bought quite a few clothes at 132 (just 4 pounds from my original goal of 128), but when I reached my goal but didn't find the result I wanted, I kept going and had to buy a whole new wardrobe. I got rid of all of my larger sizes along the way and just a few months ago even gave away my one-size-too-big items because I am loving my new body and my new wardrobe, and I am highly motivated to keep them!

Keep it up...it may take 10-15 pounds to need a new size (especially if your old size was getting snug as mine was), but as you get smaller it takes fewer pounds to drop a full size, so don't buy too much or too expensive until you get where you want to stay. As for setting a goal, my advice is to set one that makes sense to you now, and reset based on how you look and feel once you get there.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I started at 164 lbs (took "before" photos at 162 lbs).

I lost until I was 107 lbs and then got pregnant again. Now I'm losing again.

Anyway, here's what I looked like at 142 lbs: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sparlingo/view/three-months-in-489591

I highly recommend taking photos now so that you can compare later. Front, side and back. If you can't stand to look at them yet, just take them and hide them in a folder on your computer until you're feeling confident enough to take a peek at your progress.

Also, measure! The measuring tape reveals subtle differences when you can't quite see visually that you're making progress. Knowing objectively that you are getting smaller is sometimes all the push you need to keep it up :smile:.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!