Mom of 4, going on 40 -- looking for accountability friends

ymbarber
ymbarber Posts: 15 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! My name is Yvonne. I am blessed to be the mother of four beautiful children - 3 boys and one girl (8, 6, 4, 2). I decided that 2011 is the year that I am going to do things for ME!! I am going to say YES to me ... and put myself first!! This September I will be turning 40 and I plan to be fit, healthy and happy on that day -- celebrating FABULOUS FORTY with family and friends! Mostly, I want to be who I was meant to be again, to be happy in my skin and to be a better wife and mother!! I want to be in pictures with my kids and run around with them a lot more!!

What am I doing about it? I am following a CLEAN EATING lifestyle -- 5-6 meals a day. I work out at my gym 5 days a week - 4 days of lifting and cardio at every visit. And, I enter EVERYTHING into MFP. I have found in the past 12 days that this makes a huge difference and I am finally seeing the weight come off!! 7+ lbs in the last 11 days!!!

So, right now I have 44 lbs to go to get to 150lbs by my 40th ... I am looking for a few friends to keep me accountable on my journey! Blessings to all of you as you reach out toward your goals in 2011!! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Welcome Girl! My step-sister does the CLEAN Eating, thing. What exactly is that?

Misty
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Hi Yvonne! I'm LeeAnn. I'm 37 and have three kids 11, 5, and 21 months. This is a ME year too!! I'll send you a request!
  • Hey there Yvonne :-) I'm also a Mom of 4 and looking to put myself first and made a change in my life! Just started this website last week Tuesday the 4th and so far am down 4.6 lbs. Hasn't been easy changing my lifestyle but...I think it will be worth it. I also want to run around with my kiddos and be in pictures! Go ahead and friend me :-) My name is Stacey
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Welcome and good luck. I am closer to my 50 mark, so I know how that feels. I finally told myself, that older people can look as good as the younger ones. I have taken my life back, and am doing this for ME. I am sending a friends request. I have a lot of friends that can help you out as well. You have just taken the first step into a whole new life.
  • Hi Yvonne!

I feel the same way! I just turned 40 and am the mother of one. My daughter is 4 and I plan to go to the beach with her this summer and not hide under a blanket! I want to be in the pictures too! I was trying weight watchers then a friend at work suggested this site and it is so much better! I've now got to find time to exercise. It is hard working full time and being a full time parent but will be well worth it. I'd love to be an accountbility friend. How does it work? Claudia
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Hello Yvonne,
    My name is Amber I started on MFP last almost two weeks ago and I have lost 12 lbs so far. This site is amazing ,but like you I know that I need to be held accountable to someone or more than one so I would love of we could do that for each other. I will send you a request
  • Hi Yvonne,
    I too am a mom of four and have decided that I need to put more energy into myself and have proclaimed 2011 my year. I just started on Monday and could use some accountability too.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Hi Yvonne-
    You and are the same age. I will be 40 this year too. I would love to be your accountability friend.
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Hi Yvonne!!! I'll be your friend! I clean eat as well and have 4 children! Looks like you are doing great! keep it up.
  • Hi Yvonne - I'm also having a 'ME' year. Only two children - 19 year old twin girls. They both went off to Uni/College last September and then my Mum passed away in November. No longer pleased with what I see in the mirror - so I'm eating better and finally making it to the Gym - been paying the subs for the past two years and hardly set foot in the place. I'm not looking back any more - only forward to a happier healthy life. Love to have you as a friend - I can be really good at nagging! xx :wink:
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me. I also have little stair step kiddos. 3 girls (2,4,6).
  • kbcakes
    kbcakes Posts: 84
    Hi Yvonne!

I too need an accountability friend! I am a mother of 4 (3 boys and 1 girl) ages 16, 12, 9, and 6 and turn 45 this month. I have finally decided that this is the year that I need to get serious about my own health. My triglycerides are too high and I've been treated for an underactive thyroid since 2006. For me, it's the exercising that trips me up. If you can exercise with your little ones, there's no reason for me to just DO IT!

Looking forward to a healthier, happier, slimmer year!

Kelli
This discussion has been closed.