Looking for friends looking loose about 100 lbs

Options
I am new! My name is Kristy and I am a 36 year old mom of 4 teenagers, about 100 lbs overweight, and my 53 year old husband is in way better shape than I am. I started on the 8th of June and found this site a few days after that. I have lost 6 lbs. I weigh in on Sundays. I am doing my best to workout and stick to my calorie goal. I have P90X but it is way too intense for me right now but I did buy a Wii, I bowl, try to walk, and am looking to buy Tony Hortons 10 minute workout system in the next week or so. Can I tell you how much I want a big juicy cheeseburger with bacon and onion straws.... I hate kale. I just want to lose some weight (ok a lot), learn to eat healthier without sacrificing food I love forever, and get into better shape. This site thus far has been lonely. How does the friend thing work?

Replies

• AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome. I have 100 lbs to lose. My started my adventure about 4 months ago. I have been loggin daily for 122 days. I hate kale too. I don't have any children yet but I want to be healthy and happy when they do come. Feel free to add me. I find having support friends makes the whole thing more enjoyable!
  • Suznd75
    Suznd75 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi there!

Today I officially hit 70 lbs lost since December.

Feel free to take a look at my profile and add me. :)

Suz
  • kelikan
    kelikan Posts: 4
    Options
    How have you lost 70 pounds in 6 months? Was it naturally?
  • christyserenity
    christyserenity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and welcome :)
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Lost about 50 with about 50 to go.. feel free to add me. I'll take all the help I can get
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    How have you lost 70 pounds in 6 months? Was it naturally?

Assuming she started at the beginning of December, it's possible. If you have alot to lose, 10lbs per month is not unreasonable. I'm averaging about that much a month, and my brother has lost 130lbs in just over a year.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    By the way, feel free to add me! :)
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with about 100 pounds to lose as well and just started making changes (again) this past weekend. Please feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated!
  • savvy_jess
    savvy_jess Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have just over 100lbs to lose and would love some more friends. Please feel free to add me :smile:
  • lynnierose9
    lynnierose9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to loose and you can add me as a friend :)
  • kelikan
    Options
    Hi ~

My name is Kelly, I am 32 and a mother of 3 very beautiful girls. I live in southern California, and being overweight is almost as bad as having leprosy around here. At least that's how I feel. :/

Anyhow...Let's stay positive! I am a typical yo-yo dieter...I lose weight, I feel good about myself, so I reward myself and gain it back. (to put it simply) I want to get healthy of course for myself, but also for my kids. I want to be around for a long time for them, I want to play ball with them, I want to be included in the photos rather than the one taking them because I am too embarrassed, I just want to feel good about myself.

I am doing the 1200 calories on here, and started up (faithfully) just his week. I am trying to get in the habit of putting in the food before I eat it, so I can see how many it is before its too late. Then, I can decide to eat half, or eat something totally different. Also, I find that if I eat first, I sometimes forget to put it in at all, or I may forget a part of the meal (like for example, the croutons on the salad) Because...those count too! So anyhow, the more support I have, the better and I am thankful I am not alone on my journey! We all can use tips and advise...let's encourage each other!!
  • kelikan
    Options
    :)
  • jeannedelacruz
    jeannedelacruz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jeanne and I have about 190 pounds to lose. I can't have gastric bypass surgery because I have a liver condition which makes that surgery extremely dangerous for me. I have insulin-dependent diabetes which has called neuropathy in my feet and hands. I have degenerative disk disease in my back and neck, which prohibits me from any impact exercises. I also have severe asthma which also prohibits exercise for extended periods. I was just hospitalized for a week for asthma, and my pulmonologist is contemplating putting me on oxygen. That's just naming a few things hindering my weight loss. I NEED TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT SO I CAN GET MY LIFE BACK! It will be nice to have friends who are going through similar things. What do you all do to get past the pain and lack of breath to get your exercising done? The food is not a problem...it's being so sedentary. Let me hear from you friends. Thanks.
  • jeannedelacruz
    jeannedelacruz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jeanne. I'm 53 years old and my husband is 65 years old. Like your husband, mine is in so much better health than I am. I have about 190 pounds to lose, and the doctors will not do gastric-bypass surgery on me due to other medical complications. I'd love to keep in touch with you so we can support each other. Mine will be a slow journey because I have problems with exercise and breathing. :happy: I am in a mind frame to start this journey AGAIN.
  • TheTinkerzz
    Options
    Yay! Me too, add me! We can motivate each other!
  • regacman
    regacman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been trying mfp for a couple weeks and would like to keep with it. I also have about 100 lbs to lose and could use any support I can get!
  • leceliaharrison
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I have been on mfp for some time now. I find myself on and off of the program due to lack of support. I only have one friend that is still active. I am diabetic and need to lose weight for health reasons. Please feel free to add my as a friend and we can help one another.