Results From The Dr. & It's Not Even Over Yet!!!

Hello,

Myfitness Pals, I just wanted to share the good news! My doctor just informed me that because of my 30 pound weight loss, I no longer have to take my blood pressure meds because of how much my BP has improved. Today is my Birthday June 20th. This is really the best present I could ever gave to myself. On top of that I have co-workers who have asked all day, are you going to eat a cheeseburger or celebrate? I was like no celebration here. I'm happy to have my health and when I reach my true goal, I will feel less guilty about enjoying certain foods. Until then I will keep on fighting because tomorrow is another day, another challenge. Just wanted to share and say I'm also proud of you all for supporting each other. I love this site! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    Awesome!!!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    So proud of you for taking control of your health! Amazing job!!
  • joy492
    joy492 Posts: 26 Member
    Happy Birthday! Great news from the Dr. Wish you continued success!!
  • HfxJMac
    HfxJMac Posts: 77 Member
    Nice work, man. Good on you!
  • swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    That's awesome! Congrats! & Happy Birthday :)
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    That's awesome news! Congratulations and happy birthday!!! :smile:
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    That's so great. One of my big health goals is to drop enough weight to get off my BP pill. I'm on a beta blocker and will have to wean off when the time comes but I so want get off both meds my other is from my A1C being elevated. It has raised since I got the beta blocker. So weird. So did my triglycerides but my total cholesterol is great I just want to lower triglycerides and raise my good cholesterol a few points as I'm a tan under the range they want them to be at.

And Happy Birthday. One of my "god" nephews(mom is a long time friend since high school and we are more like sisters) birthday is tomorrow. So I get to try to avoid the unlimited drink fountain at Chuck E Cheese. Oh fun. I've not been drinking any soda in weeks. So it will be avoiding the Powerade but I think they have a water tap on the machine too so I will have to use that option.
  • Bluediesel
    Bluediesel Posts: 82
    Thank you! :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Happy Birthday!!! Good for you and I am sure you will reach your weight loss goal and then some.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    That is great new! I loved when I got off my meds. Such a great feeling and accomplishment.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    That's awesome! I had a stomach condition that I no longer have, glad you got your condition sorted for the most part!
  • Nory143
    Nory143 Posts: 53 Member
    That is a great feat! Happy Birthday!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    What excellent news! Congrats, and keep up the good work! Happy birthday, indeed! :flowerforyou:
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Happy birthday, enjoy your health and birthday, good for you--best gift you can give yourself, now go get a massage!!!
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Happy Birthday and congratulations!
    That is indeed a great present!
  • Bluediesel
    Bluediesel Posts: 82
    :love: :love: thank you all for your wishes and support. Love you all.
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Great Job!
  • Sddysart
    Sddysart Posts: 33 Member
    That's one of the best Birthday present anyone con get...Congrats! !!!!!
  • amazing!
  • cootason
    cootason Posts: 59 Member
    Excellent work taking control of your health what an accomplishment.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!