Stretch marks?

Options
Okay, so when I gained weight, I gained a crapton of stretchmarks, mostly on my thighs and hips. I'm extremely pale, so the bright red of the marks is even more obvious. As I lose weight, they become less obvious, but is there any way to speed up their fading, so they look more like the ones I ended up with during normal puberty growth on my hips and breasts and less angry looking?

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    They will fade with time. I'm a crazy pale shade of white myself (see profile pic <----), and covered in stretch marks. From puberty through 4 pregnancies (most recent 4 years ago)---hips, thighs, breasts, shoulders (yep, sigh), and lower back and abdomen. Every one of them is faded to nearly nothing. Just don't tan, even spray tan, because the stretch marks will never match the rest and look even more obvious (signed--pale girl, forever)

PS: Everyone (well 99% of us, mums or not) has stretch marks. It's a normal part of life.
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just asked a dermatologist about stretch marks for my teenage son who is embarrassed by them. Anyway her response was not to waste your money. The damage is in the collagen layer of your skin and no lotions or creams will reach it. She indicated that the only solution although extreme in her opinion is laser treatments. Her advice was just to wait - they will fade
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Time, good genes and hydration. Like above, don't waste your money on creams or scrubs or patches or oils or rollers etc. Use a good cream **not expensive, but good and basic** possibly with a sunscreen with it if you are planning on showing some skin. Drink lots of water, if there's any hope for damaged skin to rebound it's keeping it well hydrated in and out. Strength training for some people has proved great results whether from actually effecting the marks themselves or just tightening the skin around is debatable. You can try exfoliating (I mix use old coffee grounds mixed with olive oil) but do it rarely especially if the marks are still new (red) personally I have found this to help the feel of the marks become less noticeable and the rest of my skin loves being smooth and silky too.