drumsticks

Options
ttabangel
ttabangel Posts: 57 Member
i have a pack of chicken drumsticks anybody have any healthy recipes that i could make with them? thank you...

Replies

• HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Marinade them in honey mustard mmmmm
  • Amanda42657
    Amanda42657 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I havent tried these yet but they look so good. I love this site she has tons of good recipes! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/asian-glazed-drumsticks.html
  • stophers
    stophers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wife baked them with diced potatoes, onions, sliced green olives, diced tomatoes and garlic with some olive oil last night. It was pretty darn good.
  • hibble
    hibble Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Go to www.skinnytaste.com.

She has a recipe for Filipino Adobo Chicken that is wonderful. It's made with drumsticks and soy sauce and spices. Really good and low in calories.
  • ttabangel
    ttabangel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    awesome thank you :)
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You must try this. I would eat them every day they are so good. I pair it with some brown rice and steamed veggies. YUM

Asian Glazed Drumsticks
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 drumsticks • Points: 5 ww pts
    Calories: 213 • Fat: 4.7 g • Protein: 27.5 g • Carb: 12.7 g • Fiber: 0.4 g

8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
    Pam spray oil
    1 cup water
    1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    4 tsp agave nectar (or sugar)
    3 cloves garlic
    1 tsp ginger, grated
    2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
    1 tsp sesame seeds
    In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, agave, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8 minutes until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick) Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.
  • fatty_77
    Options
    All of these recipes sound good. But one of my favourite guilty pleasures is Shake 'n Bake. It add's 45 calories per serving, but it's better than the fried chicken alternative. You can also marinate in a low fat salad dressing (ie - italian) or low calorie condiment (ie - Saricha), and then bread it for extra flavour. If you want the same crunch, and cut additional calories, you can also use cereal to bread your chicken (ie - Corn Flakes or Special K)... Happy eating!