exercise goals on here

Options
If i have my exercise goals set to 5 workouts a week 120 mins a day my settings are now mins 50 / 120 calories burned 177 / 826 is it important that i reach the calories burned per day

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I think it is more important that you meet your calorie goal and not exceed it (including eating some of the exercise calories back) and to at least get some exercise in.

I don't even personally pay attention to that exercise goal tracker. As long as I workout and track it and do good on my calories, that's what matters.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options

I don't even personally pay attention to that exercise goal tracker. As long as I workout and track it and do good on my calories, that's what matters.

I didnt even realise it till today when i looked more clearly lol
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    anyone else have any thoughts ?
  • rsensenig
    rsensenig Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It is not a big deal if you make your goal every day, but try to stay active. I find that watching calories is great, but exercise is what tones and builds muscle and helps your cardiovascular system. I try very hard to do something at least 6 days a week. I just feel better when I exercise also. In addition to cardio, I have made weight training 3 days a week part of my routine also.
  • docwasch
    Options
    I exercise because it helps me "double down" on my weight loss. I burn calories while I run, do aerobic exercise, or lift weights but I also keep burning calories afterwards because the muscle I'm building burns more calories than the fat Im losing. Plus you always get a metabolism boost for a few hours after you exercise. While not the end all be all, exercise is important in speeding up your weight loss and helping your body look better after you reach your goal weight.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Edited because I think I misunderstood the question. :blushing: