Toning Sneakers??

Options
Do these really work???

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I have the Skecher's SRR (for running) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. I don't know if it really does any toning or whatever, but they are super comfortable to run in.
  • 2dayIstart
    Options
    I really like your reward system, I am going to use this as a extra motivator!!! Thank you and good luck!!!!
  • pell53
    pell53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The shoes are 100% marketing, nothing more - but if they make you feel better that is worth double the price I think! :-)
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Don't know if they really work or not for toning, however, they are the most comfortable pair of walking shoes I have ever found. I love them for the comfort. I can walk for hours in them.
  • funfor5
    funfor5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I find if I wear mine too long (like all day!) they make my shins hurt......but they are REALLY comfortable. I don't think they really do anything though to be honest! But since I am short, they are like my high heel tennis shoes - lol!!!

Great goals by the way!!!

@lina1131 --- your cartoon is FABULOUS!!!
  • AnnKuperRogers
    AnnKuperRogers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I personally love the 'earth' brand tennies. They're the ones with negative heel technology, not the rounded sole type. They've been around a long time, and their claim is also that you burn more calories. I don't know if that's true or not, all I know is my ankles and feet have never felt better! If your feet feel better, you feel more like moving, therefore you burn more calories! I love em!::happy:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I thought some studies came out that said that they were actually bad for you because they throw off your balance some. I don't know...I bet with some google searches would be able to shed some more light on it.

Good luck!
  • sandiemarren
    Options
    Hiya, I have only just brought mine, so im just hoping and praying that they work to be honest. I have only wore them twice so not really give them chance to get started, one thing I will say they didn't make my legs or bum ache but they did make my back ache so weather thats a posture thing? I don't know. Sandie.x
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-06-30-toning-shoes_N.htm

I found an article about what Dr's are saying.