Scales

Options
I really don't get it. I was trying to lose weight round about October time, managed to lose about 7lbs before losing motivation, then xmas came along. Although I ate more than usual, I didn't think I'd have gained so much.... maybe the weight I'd lost, but no more than that. After weighing myself for this site the scales are saying I've gained 20lbs!! Surely this much weight would be noticeable? My clothes don't feel tighter or anything like that. I don't know if my scales were wrong to start with, or I need to get new ones now
:cry:

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Unless you were tracking your food, it can be really easy to underestimate how much you ate. Unless it's an old scale or a different one than you were using before, I don't know whether I'd question it too much and just accept it and get to work. Here's another reason to use a measuring tape. Scales can be brutal as it weighs total body mass, including whatever food you ate, whatever water you might be retaining, etc.
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Did you use the same scale? Did you weigh at the same time of day with the same clothes on? Lots of things affect what the scale says and it isn't necessarily all a gain in fat. Don't stress. Take your measurements today and start fresh! Don't use the scale as your sole way of tracking changes, because more times than not...... it will be wrong. Oh! and make sure you are drinking lots of water to keep you from retaining fluid.

HTH! :flowerforyou:
  • rachel303
    Options
    It's the same scale, batteries are fine etc. I just dont see how I can be in the same size clothes after apparently gaining 20lbs. When I've lost weight in the past I've always gone by my clothes sizes and never weight, so I think I'll have to do that again. I went down from a UK size 26 to a 12 a few years go. I will get back there again :happy: