S....L....O....W!!!!

Options
SLOW and steady wins the course....right???? I am only down 1 lb in 2 weeks. Needing some motivation to keep going! I feel like I am working a lot harder then the scale is showing!

Replies

• nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am losing very slow too but the inches are also coming off so I am good with it. Don't give up. The only way to fail is to quit!
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    me too! im sooo unmotivated since i have been working hard, now i want to eat brownies and chips and everything!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    We're in this forever. In the scope of forever, what's the rush? We're going to be eating right and exercising for a lifetime. 1lb a week for a lifetime means that you WILL get to your goals :)

Charmagne
  • jessimacar
    Options
    If you're eating well and keeping active, you're likely losing inches.. Are you drinking your water? If this is a new change for you, your body needs to get used to being more active.. Just some thoughts!
  • chefdan
    chefdan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You should try other measurements besides weight like hip/waist/neck. I guess loss will sometimes show up quicker in those measurements than weight alone. Good luck & keep at it...it took me a while to see a change in my weight at first too.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Put away that scale :flowerforyou:

Keep doing what you are doing. Get out that measuring tape. Take a 'before' picture, and then take another one in 30 days, and then again after another 30 days.

You are on the right track. Remember this 'new' lifestyle is for the rest of your life. Don't worry or stress over the speed of the change. Just keep doing what you know is the right course of action and you will be rewarded down the road.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When you first start working out and eating right your body is somewhat in shock. It's getting used to the changes and readjusting and it's probably getting your metabolism reset. Just keep on going and you will see results! It took me a while to start seeing the scale move the right way, but it eventually did. I have hit several pleateaus, but if you keep going you will keep losing.

Excercise is good for you no matter how you look at it, so just keep on keepin on!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I lose very slowly too. But at least you are more aware of your habits and getting healthier! Keep it up!
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Losing 1 pound is better than gaining or not losing at all!! Your hard work is paying off... if you were doing NOTHING what would the results be??

Losing 1 pound every 2 weeks would result in a 26 lbs loss over the span of a year. 26 lbs would be an amazing feat that not many people have the courage and strength to accomplish.

You can do it!!
  • molina76853
    Options
    Hang in there! Stay focused! I am loosing slowly too, but I feel great! I have lots more energy, feel alot more confident and my clothes are fitting so much looser. Don't focus so much on the numbers, focus on how you are feeling.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    For some ppl they lose inches before weight. Your body may just be retainin water. Depends on the types of exercises you are doin that may also play a big role in your weightloss. Are you doin alot of cardio? Any weight training? Are you drinkin enough water? Eating clean? Cuttin your carbs? All of these play a big role in weightloss and inch loss.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    SLOW and steady wins the course....right???? I am only down 1 lb in 2 weeks. Needing some motivation to keep going! I feel like I am working a lot harder then the scale is showing!

Don't call it slow. Call it optimal!
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Well the main thing is to keep working. The way you eat is also a way to boost your metabolism. I have worked REALLY hard to do just that and now my metabolism runs very fast---to the point that my cheat days aren't really cheating anymore =) MEssage me for details!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Believe it or not, if you aren't eating enough your body could be holding on to your "fat". Think of it like this....if you were out in the wildnerness and had little no food then your body would hold on to what it needed to keep you alive. Of course, you're not stuck in the wilderness so you're not going to see the extreme difference (Like contestants on survivor eventually look like sticks but that's because they are eating way less than any of us). You may have noticed if you have less than 1200 calories MFP will alert you about that. Be sure to eat enough of your healthy choices to keep a balance between what you're burning and what you're eating. If you're exercising a lot you may be burning more than you're consuming and causing your body to hold on to that weight. 1200 calories is the absolutely lowest you should have for the day. If you eat 1200 but burn 500 then you're basically starving yourself which will work against you losing weight, too.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    quote]

Don't call it slow. Call it optimal!
    [/quote]COULDN'T AGREE MORE!