Been at a plateau for over a year, help?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Tricky. You may need to take measures like super small portions if you're gonna eat things somebody else made, if they do not weigh or measure as meticulously as you do. Kind of like eating at a restaurant - if you only do it every so often , the impact is minimal. If it's more frequent and the calorie counts aren't really published, then that could really lead to inaccuracies in your logging. I say tricky because it's your Mom lol. TDEE method or MFP method, both assume you'll log your food as accurately as you can. Good luck.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Tricky. You may need to take measures like super small portions if you're gonna eat things somebody else made, if they do not weigh or measure as meticulously as you do. Kind of like eating at a restaurant - if you only do it every so often , the impact is minimal. If it's more frequent and the calorie counts aren't really published, then that could really lead to inaccuracies in your logging. I say tricky because it's your Mom lol. TDEE method or MFP method, both assume you'll log your food as accurately as you can. Good luck.
    Thanks <3 Hopefully I can see a change in a few more weeks. Fingers crossed
  • earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was watching a Youtube documentary not that long ago and in it, it mentioned that any change in diet usually results in weight loss. Maybe your body has grown acclimated to your routine and so isn't responding as well as it used to. My suggestion would be for you to change something -- either with exercise or diet or both. Try Atkins induction for 2 weeks or some form of intermittent fasting for a couple weeks -- eh, whatever. Just do something different for awhile and see if your body responds.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options