Whats your biggest hurdle?

Options
2»

Replies

• candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    The biggest difficult for me is being flexible enough to adapt to changing circumstances. For example every time we travel to visit my parents my meal and sleep schedule get thrown off which makes me hungrier than usual and more prone to give in to temptations.
  • lilidelafield
    lilidelafield Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I work in an in-store bakery in a smallish convenience store, so I am on my own cooking bread, rolls, pastries, cakes, croissants and cookies......I will leave the rest to your imagination!!!
  • maybe99
    maybe99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1 Work functions
    2 being away from home.
    3 Weekends
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy.

Basically that's the ONLY thing holding me back. I'm smack dab in the middle of my weight loss. I just have to wait it out. No biggie though. I planned for this. I've got plenty of patience and no deadline. :)
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    1. ALCOHOL - for pleasure and for business (I'm a journalist so it's usually the lubricant for endless events and meetings)
    2. I am a true foodie and dine for pleasure and love decadent food
  • ItsRevan
    ItsRevan Posts: 15
    Options
    Fizzy drinks on a hot day. Too satisfying to resist.
  • elsinora
    Options
    Fizzy drinks on a hot day. Too satisfying to resist.

I see a lot of people mention fizzy drinks, I don't get it, why not immediately switch to the diet version?!?
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit my biggest yet. That will be when I lose this last 10 pounds and have to keep it off. I've never done well on maintenance. As a dear friend of mine said "You've done this before and you just gain it back again". I wanted to smack him except he is right. I'm hoping that with MFP to keep me accountable ( I do like logging my food) I can maintain my healthy weight.
  • ItsRevan
    ItsRevan Posts: 15
    Options
    I see a lot of people mention fizzy drinks, I don't get it, why not immediately switch to the diet version?!?

The taste is completely different to me.
  • elsinora
    Options

The taste is completely different to me.

Fair dos. Although maybe try switching for a bit and maybe you'll end up not noticing the difference? Or think ... You could literally have another massive meal for the amount of calories you consumed in a massive glass or two or fizzy pop!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Portion control. It's what for me into this, it's what's going to have to get me out.

Having to find other ways to eat salsa since I have to cut back on the chips. It now goes on chicken and pork and more in the eggs and more in the guacamole, etc.
  • Casey7777
    Casey7777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, so I'm still motivated :). Biggest hurdles for me have always been time and the fact I'm a lousy cook. I'm not looking as this really as a diet, but a lifestyle change. A fresh start. I've started with ddpyoga and the workouts are not too difficult (no impact), and are easy to modify based on fitness level. I'm also eating a lot more fruits/ vegetables raw (yeah - no cooking!). I find if I can buy and do prep work on the weekends, I can stay on track through the week. I've only done this for 2 weeks, but am already feeling stronger, fitter. I'm looking forward to this journey.