• Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) Nice to meet you :)
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey New Guy!
    I felt the same way about loosing weight. When my fishing shirts stopped fitting, it was time for a change. I also started using a Fitbit in the end of April to help track my walking and swimming activities. I average 11.25 miles a day and I lost 12 pounds since then. Good Luck!
  • petecassa
    petecassa Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome mate. We're the same age and weight although you're taller and I've only lost 11lbs in two weeks so you're doing really well.
  • Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Awesome work man, those first few weeks/months are absolutely amazing with the weight being shed. It is definitely a huge driving force for the rest of your goal when it starts to slow down. Great job on reconstructing your whole diet, I found by just switching to better foods before using this app/website I started to shed lots of weight and then when I started using MFP and learning a lot more about appropriate foods/macros I continued to lose weight rather quickly as well. I've went from XXL down to fitting into a Large and that was one of the most amazing progress points, also dropping in the pant size is huge just realizing all your clothes are too big, but that gets experience haha. Are you also doing any sort of exercise? I found when I started doing cardio or weight lifting and noticing all of the progress such as shortness of breath starting to disappear it drove me harder.

Anyways I just started back up after a few months break, I put on a bit of weight over that time. But now I am going to get dedicated and try to stick with it for one full year and hope by next summer I will be at the point I want to be! I sent you a friend request and hope to learn from each other!
  • kstandley123
    kstandley123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome work man, those first few weeks/months are absolutely amazing with the weight being shed. It is definitely a huge driving force for the rest of your goal when it starts to slow down. Great job on reconstructing your whole diet, I found by just switching to better foods before using this app/website I started to shed lots of weight and then when I started using MFP and learning a lot more about appropriate foods/macros I continued to lose weight rather quickly as well. I've went from XXL down to fitting into a Large and that was one of the most amazing progress points, also dropping in the pant size is huge just realizing all your clothes are too big, but that gets experience haha. Are you also doing any sort of exercise? I found when I started doing cardio or weight lifting and noticing all of the progress such as shortness of breath starting to disappear it drove me harder.

Anyways I just started back up after a few months break, I put on a bit of weight over that time. But now I am going to get dedicated and try to stick with it for one full year and hope by next summer I will be at the point I want to be! I sent you a friend request and hope to learn from each other!

Me an exercise don't get along. I was in a really bad motorcycle accident 7 yrs ago and broke almost everything (to include my back). 5 months flat on my back in a hospital bed and the surgery I had last week on my knee was surgery #24. Every exercise I've ever tried (even just walking) hurts me so I never did it. I started walking at night when I started this app but haven't done anything for a week because of my knee. Once it's healty again I'll walk more. I promised my wife that I'd exercise through the pain.