has anyone ever...

Options
...made you feel like a complete idiot for asking questions on this website? cause so far I've gotten a few 'DUH' responses from people! where are all you nice folk, i know youre in here!!!! im lookin for support on my journey! 21F SW-271 CW-240 GW-180 i have a long way to go but i don't have to be alone! whos with me?

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm nice :). Feel free to add me.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    you are nice!! and doing a great job based on your progress shot!! I just friended ya :)
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can totally add me as well! Motivation is key and sometimes we can't give it to ourselves. :)
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    unkind people make me sad too. add me.
  • whalesong2164
    Options
    I know what you mean, I've read a few responses on here which come across as uncharitable to say the least. Particularly considering knowledge regarding weight loss/gain is constantly evolving, meaning even the most swotted up person is always learning.

Add me if you like, I I don't do nasty or sarcastic responses, only flowers and tea :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It's probably better to ask questions within your group of friends than on the message boards. Some people can be kind of mean.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    There are loads of keyboard warriors out there right now , hangry and mad waiting for somebody to express an opinion or ask for help on something they feel is super trivial

never let them put you off asking for help , giving help or encouragement :)
  • pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    depends on what the question was... There are always gonna be trolls.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary,
    Another mean people thread on MFP
    d9d66e9c3c2dddc9c17c35a2311a055f
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    It's true that sometimes people around here respond in such a way that makes the questioner feel silly for asking...but 95% of the time it's because the question or concern has been asked about hundreds of times on the forums, and a simple search will yield tons of answers. I'm not saying it's ok to be rude, but at least understand that part of it is frustration at seeing the same type of posts over and over and wondering why people don't search for an answer before coming to the forums to get other people to spoon feed the information to them.
  • Insomniac8
    Insomniac8 Posts: 182
    Options
    The thing is that people need to learn how to research and how to google their questions and find trustworthy articles to study BEFORE asking their questions here straight away. We're all grown-ups here and need to know how to self-study.
    Feel free to add me as your friend here.
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary,
    Its not everyday that folks show up here in a warmonger disposition. .
    Sometimes a bit of compassion and empathy is all folks want and when not possible for some, for whatever reason, to do what my people call "waka pass" (walk past in English)
    If everybody was born an expert on nutrition and exercise, believe me, they would not have time for the likes of this website.
    Headmaster was once a schoolboy.
    The thing is that people need to learn how to research and how to Google their questions and find trustworthy articles to study BEFORE asking their questions here straight away. We're all grown-ups here and need to know how to self-study.
    The point of forums sometimes is to be spontaneous with like minded people.
    I agree that indolence whilst never a good thing, its always better to acknowledge that what one person considers trivial, and over flogged, may be the insurmountable mountain for another.
    Kindness is never a bad idea.
    a thoughtful reply could be all the person needs...why would a person believe a gratuitously unkind reply to a person reaching out for help is the right and proper thing to do?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary,
    Sometimes a bit of compassion and empathy is all folks want and when not possible for some, for whatever reason, to do what my people call "waka pass" (walk past in English)
    If everybody was born an expert on nutrition and exercise, believe me, they would not have time for the likes of this website.
    The thing is that people need to learn how to research and how to Google their questions and find trustworthy articles to study BEFORE asking their questions here straight away. We're all grown-ups here and need to know how to self-study.
    I agree that indolence whilst never a good thing, its always better to acknowledge that what one person considers trivial, and over flogged, may be the insurmountable mountain for another.
    a thoughtful reply could be all the person needs...why would a person believe a gratuitously unkind reply to a person reaching out for help is the right and proper thing to do?
    And the OP creating a "mean people" thread for the purpose of calling people out.....that's ok.
    Lol.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    Dear Diary,
    And the OP creating a "mean people" thread for the purpose of calling people out.....that's ok.
    Lol.

I just found it completely bizarre how cold some of the people on these forums can be. I asked once 'what are the best tips for weight loss and exercise?" just to see if there were any new tricks I could use for motivation and with cravings and I got responses like 'get up and move.' and 'eat well." very bitter and sarcastic! im not too hurt about it, i was just hoping to find some nicer and more understanding folk to interact with :)
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    i didn't realize this place was basically like myspace haha
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    It's true that sometimes people around here respond in such a way that makes the questioner feel silly for asking...but 95% of the time it's because the question or concern has been asked about hundreds of times on the forums, and a simple search will yield tons of answers. I'm not saying it's ok to be rude, but at least understand that part of it is frustration at seeing the same type of posts over and over and wondering why people don't search for an answer before coming to the forums to get other people to spoon feed the information to them.

I was just trying to be friendly more than anything that's the thing! i don't think they were dumb questions or commonly searched ones. i was just lookin to open conversations but no one seemed to be happy about it!
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It's probably better to ask questions within your group of friends than on the message boards. Some people can be kind of mean.

Thank you, i am definitely coming to realize that :)
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was stunned by that, too. You'd think a support website would be the last place you'd find holier than thou attitudes and snarky remarks.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    I was stunned by that, too. You'd think a support website would be the last place you'd find holier than thou attitudes and snarky remarks.

that's what I'm saying!! ever since i began my journey, I've been more than happy to talk about health and fitness day and night lol i love love loveeee hearing success stories and how people get themselves there! but more often than not people tend to be rude. i mean i can't expect much else, it is a social media. but i thought there would be a lot more enlightened and happy people on these forums