Everyones different :)

Options
I was just thinking, I understand that everyone is different and we all lose weight in different places first. I was just wondering when did you notice changes in your clothes and things. I haven't noticed anything yet but Iv only just started a week ago. :) I'll notice soon enough my self I hope :)

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    for me it started with my face and worked it way down! seems to have got stuck on my hips though!
  • PaulaAvery
    PaulaAvery Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did my neck/waist/hips measurements - and am seeing results already - and I only started just over a week ago. I know from past experience tho, that I lose bust first, then waist and lastly bum :(
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It usually takes me about 6 weeks before I start to notice a different in clothes but I usually start feeling better right off.

Hang in there the result will come, just keep working. :)

Kenneth
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have noticed anything yet....just 2 weeks in but I hold my weight in the middle(my tummy) so I usually notice it in the face and neck, then arms and legs and of course where I need it to be gone, the middle...LAST!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    For me everyone else noticed before I did. It took me to really notice when I had to wear smaller sized jeans. Then I was able to go down in my tee size as well.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    5-10lbs in I was starting to notice clothes fitting better. It was around the 30-40lb. mark where others/myself noticed weight loss in my face.
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hate to disillusion you and maybe it is just me ... but I go with the 3 month rule. The scales show weight loss and the tummy gets smaller but for a real change in body shape it is usually 3 months after I really put in an effort eg for marathon training or some other calorie blasting regime (I never just diet). Not sure if this is good or bad, but it takes a while to go back in the other direction as well so it is easy to be fooled that indiscriminate eating and less exercise is having no effect.
  • Evermyre
    Options
    I tend to notice it in odd places like my fingers, wrists and calves. I think it's because I'm kind of tall (5'9") so it takes longer for me to notice a change in clothes. I lost about 30 pounds a few years ago (and then put it and more back on) but I never changed clothings sizes at all. Things were loose, but not loose enough to need to buy new. I notice in things like my rings, bracelets and calf high boots fitting better.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to see results in a week those are some pretty lofty expectations.
    You just started.
    I would worry more on if you doing exercises right, if your diet is on track, not when you are going to see your body start to change.
    Work on exercising for a month and sticking to it.
    Work on eating right for a month and sticking to it.
    You'll see changes, it just is going to talk longer than a week!
    :wink:
    Good luck in your journey.
    Steph:flowerforyou:
  • kcleigh02
    kcleigh02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    No I'm not looking for changes in a week I understand that it's not quick fix thing. I was just wondering really when I might start to see changes really. I just hope that I am doing it right :)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Pretty quickly I noticed subtle differences. I just looked less 'puffy' to myself. I really noticed a difference 20lbs in (and from then on out) because I had to keep buying clothing in new sizes :)

No one else noticed until I'd lost 50lbs, but I felt so amazing I didn't care :)

Charmagne
  • takethepieces
    Options
    I saw differences in measurements, but I didn't see it in the mirror until around 30lbs. Some people see it quicker, but I think I have my eyes closed! I find it hard to see a difference now, 4 dress sizes down!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I always notice it in my waist first. My pants get looser and I had to start wearing a belt to keep them on. Then I lost in my thighs and arms. The last thing that I lose is in the bust.... that never seems to change!:-P If you had 36DDs, you'd understand the frustration about that.*LOL*

Shannon